Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rock Bronson

Kansas City
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Ranged (8/2/2-4/0,2, Your opponent must be Anchored and at a higher Tier) X=the Fire in your Cooldown Meter. Remove X Fire from your Cooldown Meter and inflict X Fire to your opponent.

This seems super situational. Now I'm not saying that heaping a bunch of fire on someone from range wouldn't be cool, it certainly would, but this card is only good against O-gun at this point, right? and only by knocking it into it's own anchors, then waiting for it to be at higher elevation.

Is that the deal? it's just such a threat that O-Gun may avoid anchors? If that's the thought, I think O-gun's "Purge" instant counters it a bit too readily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Along with that, there are 3 abilities for Chogoking which are labeled as "Star Spanner must be activated".

When building a Chogoking build, I avoided the abilities which had such restrictions, because I don't know what the ACTUAL restrictions on those abilities are, and don't want to try and build around an unknown card.

Pretty sure there are still a few typoes in the spreadsheet to clean up...

EDIT: That said, Anchors can be placed by O-Gun when it's fighting ALONGSIDE Chogoking in a 2 vs. 2 battle, or placed on targets by O-Gun who are then targeted by Chogoking in a free-for-all fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rock Bronson

Kansas City
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'm slow. That's pretty obviously just a typo then.

Hey I just want to say thanks for providing all the card info to us and even still making it available now. It's a blast making builds, it seems like each new one I try is more fun than the last. Just wish I could get some tabletopia time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Cheng
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That was apparently a copy and paste error in the public spreadsheet—that requirement text is from O-Gun, not Chogoking.

It's been fixed. The total card text is:
Quote:
X=the Fire in your Cooldown Meter. Remove X Fire from your Cooldown Meter and inflict X Fire to your opponent.

Edit: There are a lot of Chogoking builds that use Nova Spark! as the finisher actually, or a brutal setup for Sol Sphere!.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rock Bronson

Kansas City
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man I love this attack. I do believe this will make it into several of my Chogoking builds. 8 FS really seems like a steal for this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But this does make me think we could have an insane format where you can choose your robot cards and abilities from ANY robot. Just imagine dual-wielding the chogokinnnnnnng sabre and the star spanner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hilarious. I had manually overridden autocorrect to write out "chogokinnnnnnng sabre!" In another post, and now my phone thinks that chogokinnnnnnng is a word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Eldil wrote:
Hilarious. I had manually overridden autocorrect to write out "chogokinnnnnnng sabre!" In another post, and now my phone thinks that chogokinnnnnnng is a word.

I like how this post reads like you think "chogokinnnnnnng" isn't a word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.