Hide
3 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Looking for clarification on "starting a fight" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Davis
msg tools
Going into the game I assume that anytime FAITH team members and Sin monsters end their movement in the same space as one another, a fight occurs. However, in the rulebook I see several instances where it says that the sins player or FAITH players have the option of starting a fight, but didn't see anything about fights automatically triggering.

Does this mean that FAITH players could end their turn in a space with monsters and choose not to fight them, or would the Sin player have the option to start the fight, or have I just missed where it spells this out clearly?

If someone could reference a page number with rules clarification or link to an official CMoN answer, you would make my day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sledge_Fist wrote:
However, in the rulebook I see several instances where it says that the sins player or FAITH players have the option of starting a fight, but didn't see anything about fights automatically triggering.

There is your answer. You saw several instances of players having the option of starting a fight. You didn't see anything about mandatory fights.

And yet you want clarification?

Fights are optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
Fights are always optional, however, if a hero chooses to leave a space with a monster they will take an automatic wound. Monsters cannot choose to leave a space with a hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.