Subject: Should we even continue? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Cooley
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Hello guys,

So, me and my dad are currently in the process of playing the shadow rune campaign with all of our expansions. We are not including rumor cards. I am the overlord and he is the heroes. We just finished the interlude and our next session we will start act 2.

Now, He won the intro, and the castle darion, but I have won the other quests. But, the thing is, is that HE HAS NOT SEARCHED A SINGLE TOKEN! Ok, maybe one or two, and he has gotten the treasure chest card once. But, he has no items! And I have a bunch of cards that I have purchased. Here are his heroes:

Augur as Disciple
Steelhorns as Champion
Leoric as Necromancer

All he has is a couple leather armors and the jeweled mace. LEORIC STILL HAS HIS STARTING WEAPON!!!

My question is, is there ANY chance that he wins the campaign?? Should we even continue the campaign? We were thinking the next campaign I would play the heroes.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Stevenson
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
It's true the items are the primary way that heroes become more powerful. But it all comes down to the final quest. If he starts putting more emphasis on trying to search at least twice in every encounter, he could still end up swiping some key items by the final showdown.

Any scenario/encounter can also be lost by a single key blunder. There is always that chance that you could make a significant tactical mistake and leave open a golden opportunity for the heroes. It's a very tactical game and there are a lot of chances for players to make mistakes.

Lastly, I'd recommend compensating if you feel like one side is getting too over-powered. Descent tends to be more fun when both sides feel like they have a shot at winning. If it gets down to the last scenario and you both still feel like he is far behind, spot your dad 300-400 gold or so and let him go shopping before the last scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
warfinger wrote:
It's true the items are the primary way that heroes become more powerful. But it all comes down to the final quest. If he starts putting more emphasis on trying to search at least twice in every encounter, he could still end up swiping some key items by the final showdown.

Any scenario/encounter can also be lost by a single key blunder. There is always that chance that you could make a significant tactical mistake and leave open a golden opportunity for the heroes. It's a very tactical game and there are a lot of chances for players to make mistakes.

Lastly, I'd recommend compensating if you feel like one side is getting too over-powered. Descent tends to be more fun when both sides feel like they have a shot at winning. If it gets down to the last scenario and you both still feel like he is far behind, spot your dad 300-400 gold or so and let him go shopping before the last scenario.

Great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cooley
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
InfinityBlack14 wrote:
warfinger wrote:

Great idea!

Will give it a try!

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.