MATTHEW SPRING
England
Truro
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Kyle Katarn is a crewmember on a Hawk:
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/xwing-miniatures/images/...

The Hawk is the Moldy Crow:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/xwing-miniatures/images/...

1. My Hawk performed a red move in turn 3, so is stressed.
2. In turn 4 I perform a green move and remove the stress token.
3. Kyle Katarn now kicks in and gives me a free focus token.
4. I choose focus as a free action, so I now have two focus tokens.
6. I use neither of these in the shooting phase, but am able to retain them both into turn 5 because this is the Moldy Crow.
7. If I now perform a red move in turn 5, do I *automatically* forfeit both of my retained focus tokens?

Many thanks in advance for any clarification!!

Cheers!
Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
What does getting stress have to do with the focus tokens? Nothing as far as I know. Receiving stress does not remove focus tokens and you can still spend focus tokens while stressed. You just can't make actions while stressed (without an ability to allow it).

Moldy Crow allows you to retain focus tokens from round to round. So in your example you will then have 2 focus tokens to spend during round 5 and again retain unused ones to round 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
You are just making up rules.

This is great if you're a game designer! Your rule makes a ton of sense thematically and would probably work in some game somewhere.

But it's not actually written anywhere so it's hard to direct you to where it says so, since it doesn't, since you made it up.

No. Getting stress doesn't remove any tokens you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MATTHEW SPRING
England
Truro
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
You are just making up rules.

No, I'm merely asking for clarification whether acquiring stress removes any/all focus, because this is what an opponent of mine has claimed. I have had trouble locating this in the rules, so wanted a definitive yes/no from experienced players.

scifiantihero wrote:

That's all that I needed, old chap. Many thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If he's claiming that something weird is a rule then it's on him to point it out in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MATTHEW SPRING
England
Truro
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
If he's claiming that something weird is a rule then it's on him to point it out in the rulebook.

Yes, perhaps, if the life of a small child depended on the outcome.

If however two chaps were merely playing for mutual amusement, and neither could be sure of a particular rule, it seemed reasonable to me that one of them might log onto BGG and elicit the superior know-how of more experienced players.

But perhaps I was wrong. And for that, I sincerely apologise and bid you all good day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best example I can think of is advanced sensors and a red move. If you lost tokens due to stress, it would make advanced sensors very limiting and almost useless. Think of advanced sensors and push the limit. Great combo as you gain the stress from PTL, and clear with a green move
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.