$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Andreas Lieberoth Wadum
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been dying to try some of the Frontier Town adventures with the Scafford Gang or Undead Outlaws instead of the puny outlaws that come in the box. It seems so fitting that they would be robbing the bank or trying to spring someone from jail.

But I'm concerned about balance. In the bank robbery mission, it's all about killing the robbers fast, and their offensive abilities don't come so much into play.

Has anyone tried?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I just used the Undead Outlaws or Scafford's Gang instead of bandits and it worked fine.

Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It seems reasonable to roll to see what kind of outlaws are involved. 1-2 undead, 3-4 scaffords, 5-6 human bandits.
Or whatever works.

I suppose the shootout mission could even involve all three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lieberoth Wadum
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Jelley wrote:
Yes, I just used the Undead Outlaws or Scafford's Gang instead of bandits and it worked fine.

Phil

How did it work? Balance OK? Any advice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any of them beyond the normal Bandits should make it more difficult, although the amount of difficulty I don't know about. Simply, by making the Bandit an Infamous Gang, or using the Undead Outlaws (which are slightly more difficult than the regular outlaws), or using an Infamous Undead Outlaw or Scafford Gang, should make it a little more difficult. I don't think any of them will increase the difficulty too much, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dvang wrote:
any of them beyond the normal Bandits should make it more difficult, although the amount of difficulty I don't know about. Simply, by making the Bandit an Infamous Gang, or using the Undead Outlaws (which are slightly more difficult than the regular outlaws), or using an Infamous Undead Outlaw or Scafford Gang, should make it a little more difficult. I don't think any of them will increase the difficulty too much, though.

This is true. But might also be ok. The city missions scale terribly compared to the rest of the game.
Including harder outlaws (in the form of scafford or undead) might be exactly what the frontier doc ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.