Subject: SPECULATOR -- Risks Ships to Gain Rewards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
SpaghettiToastBook
msg tools
mbmbmb

SPECULATOR
Risks Ships to Gain Rewards

You have the power to Wager. At the start of each encounter, you may add a token to this sheet.

As a main player, after winning an encounter, use this power. You receive rewards equal to the number of tokens on this sheet, then add a token to this sheet.

As a main player, after losing an encounter, use this power. You lose ships to the warp equal to the number of tokens on this sheet, then discard all tokens from this sheet. These lost ships are in addition to any ships lost from the encounter.

(Main Player Only) (Mandatory) (Resolution)

Wild: As a main player, before encounter cards are selected, you may discard up to three cards. If you win the encounter, draw two cards from the deck for each card you discarded. (Main Player Only) (Planning)

Super: At the start of any encounter, you may either double the number of tokens on your sheet or discard all tokens from this sheet. Afterward, discard this flare. (As Any Player) (Regroup)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This is not my user name.
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Scary! To play, that is. If you've accumulated a lot of tokens, you *have* to win your next encounter or else!

So I guess if you have good cards in your hand already, you go ahead and accumulate tokens, because you can be pretty sure you'll win. But, this being CE, there are LOTS of things that can go wrong. And when something goes wrong for this power, you could lose most of your ships and your entire power for a good long time.

And when you don't have good cards, you don't accumulate tokens, because you'll probably lose your next encounter.

What about deal situations? A successful deal? An unsuccessful deal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SpaghettiToastBook
msg tools
mbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
What about deal situations? A successful deal? An unsuccessful deal?

I intentionally made nothing happen with deals. The opponent would have little incentive to make a deal and a great incentive to fail to make one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Well, you were right and I should have listened but I didn't and now here we are. So stop saying 'I told you so' and pass the calamine lotion.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I like this one too. Not sure if I'm man enough to play it , but it seems interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this one. Nice opportunity for psychological warfare during other player's turns: at the start of each of their encounters, plop down a token and just grin.

Would be very amusing to play as a double power setup with Skeptic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pizzatiger Nope
msg tools
I would suggest adding a way to remove some or all your tokens in addition to the Ability to add them.

You could do that to play mind games on your opponenet into thinking your super weak and that you have no way to win but in reality you have the 40

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.