46.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally won a game yesterday, which was totally shiny and chrome, but a couple of things came up that I wasn't sure about.

1) Does the reward for being the killer of a leader affect raiders who spawn on that character's location? A strict reading of the power suggests not, but it seems a bit odd that raiders would be happy about appearing in the location where the person they fear the most is waiting. Also seems slightly punitive that the character would then have to waste actions moving away from and back to the location to trigger the reward effect.

2) Doing a 'full heal' and returning to Last Stand ends that character's turn. Does this also include skipping phase III of their turn? I assume it does.

3) The Visions mutation allows that character to discard a drawn Raider card once per turn. But it doesn't specify that it can only be used on their own turn, so presumably they can do use it on other Rangers' turns too?

Thanks in advance everybody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Does the reward for being the killer of a leader affect raiders who spawn on that character's location?

Yes, this would be the same as moving into teh area.

2) Doing a 'full heal' and returning to Last Stand ends that character's turn. Does this also include skipping phase III of their turn? I assume it does.

No - just the players Actions are lost. The Raiders always act.

3) The Visions mutation allows that character to discard a drawn Raider card once per turn. But it doesn't specify that it can only be used on their own turn, so presumably they can do use it on other Rangers' turns too?

No - it only helps the player on their turn. I think this is true of all mutations, they only work on the player's turn. I will make sure and clarify that on the updated FAQ.

Thanks for playing. Hope you had a good time.

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Richard!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Good questions Joe! I've been pleased at how swiftly the community is finding rule clarifications for some of the new systems introduced in Defenders of the Last Stand as compared to Defenders of the Realm.

It gives me hope that if there's a second edition made it will be a solid release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
It gives me hope that if there's a second edition made it will be a solid release.

The current edition is a solid release. The minor rules issues and card typos are easy to overlook due to the amazing game play. No one should pass on picking up the first edition if they are concerned with quality issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.