Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Top 20 !!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: ratings_episode_999 [+] [View All]
Malahias Zumakalis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, yeah, babe!
And now, off we go for the Top Ten! It's not a long way!
Jamey! Stonemaier Games! Congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not surprised in the slightest! I should have placed bets in that other thread going around about where it would land...in my head I was like, "oh yeah, top 10".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in awe of where Scythe is on the ranking list. It's just an amalgamation of opinions, but it means a lot to me that so many people have found joy in playing Scythe. Jakub and I put 2 years of our lives into this game--it's very close to my heart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I'm in awe of where Scythe is on the ranking list. It's just an amalgamation of opinions, but it means a lot to me that so many people have found joy in playing Scythe. Jakub and I put 2 years of our lives into this game--it's very close to my heart.

The love and work you put into this game shows in the final product. Amazing game, congratulations on the Top 20!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Roberts
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep, congratulations to everyone involved for making a game that definitely deserves to be in the top 20!

It just hits such a nice note between Euro and Strategy, there's no clear imbalances so far and it doesn't take all day to play!

There's been some negativity towards it (heck there's always negativity on the internet) but i think that's just a good sign that the game challenges a few established conventions. -and makes people question what it is they are looking for in a board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Jakub and I put 2 years of our lives into this game--it's very close to my heart.

I love to hear this, and am happy for every bit of success you guys have found after all of your hard work.

Congrats guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malahias Zumakalis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What amazes me, is how fast and easily climbed to Top 20. And, don't forget that only the last few days reached the second biggest board games market - that's Europe.
I'm not such a long time into board games, but I can't remember any other title with an achievement like that. (Only "Dead Of Winter" had reached rank 21 or 22, before its release in Europe... and not so fast!).
By the way, can you imagine what I like A LOT in "Scythe"? The choice of colors! Purple, Bordeaux (Burgundy Red)... It reminds me SO MUCH "Viticulture", one of my favorite games, out there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if I can't get it to the table with more than myself, I think it will make my top 20 when Dice Tower People's Choice next opens (Have I missed this year's in my six month hiatus from board gaming?). If this plays better for me with two than solo, or however many I wind up playing it... This could break into my top 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

My congrats as well to the team! I will have to say, as a life-time gamer, and owner of hundreds of games, Stonemaier Games are the best company supported games I have ever played. Jamey, you do a fabulous job in supporting your games. It's sad to see so many publishers abandon their 'babies' at birth! I love both Viticulture and Scythe and can't play them enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Brown
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At it's current average rating it is destined to be in the top 10. Top 20 is already a great achievement, though! Scythe also is the 3rd Stonemaier entry into the top 100, with Viticulture appearing twice. Essential Edition just needs more ratings and it'll climb very high, as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
Dexposure.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
take your best guess for the end of the year in this thread here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bravo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bogusgig wrote:
take your best guess for the end of the year in this thread here

Here's hoping it doesn't change between now and the end of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Gove
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I gave it a 10/10. By far the best game I've ever played. Love just looking at it and taking it all in. The art is top notch, and the gameplay is even better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bradley
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
19!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bradley
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo! Number 11!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.