$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 54.21

3,980 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
25.1% of Goal | 30 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Plenty of Bolts/Arrows rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emiliano Abel Pedrero Gallegos
Mexico
flag msg tools
I need a little clarification.

Card says: "You may re-roll all Ranged Attacks once with the weapons with the Bolts keyword. The new result takes the place of the previous one".

Is the "once" only per game round or action? for example if i decide to attack 3 times in my turn, can i re-roll 3 times because i have this card?

If the answer is "yes, once per game round" and i have two or even three of these cards, then can i re-roll two or three times during my turn isn't it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mb
Verker9977 wrote:
I need a little clarification.

Card says: "You may re-roll all Ranged Attacks once with the weapons with the Bolts keyword. The new result takes the place of the previous one".

Is the "once" only per game round or action? for example if i decide to attack 3 times in my turn, can i re-roll 3 times because i have this card?

If the answer is "yes, once per game round" and i have two or even three of these cards, then can i re-roll two or three times during my turn isn't it?


It's 1 re-roll per attack so if you attack 3 times you can re-roll 3 times. You must re-roll all dice though.

The cards stack as well so if you have 2 plenty of bolts you can re-roll 2 times on 1 attack.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verker9977 wrote:
if i decide to attack 3 times in my turn, can i re-roll 3 times because i have this card?

Yes. You can re-roll any qualifying (bolts or arrows) ranged attack roll once. But you must reroll the entire set of dice, not just the ones that missed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
Verker9977 wrote:
I need a little clarification.

Card says: "You may re-roll all Ranged Attacks once with the weapons with the Bolts keyword. The new result takes the place of the previous one".

Is the "once" only per game round or action? for example if i decide to attack 3 times in my turn, can i re-roll 3 times because i have this card?

If the answer is "yes, once per game round" and i have two or even three of these cards, then can i re-roll two or three times during my turn isn't it?


It's 1 re-roll per attack so if you attack 3 times you can re-roll 3 times. You must re-roll all dice though.

The cards stack as well so if you have 2 plenty of bolts you can re-roll 2 times on 1 attack.


this...
and I want to emphasize on the part that THEY STACK
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Augustine
United States
AUSTIN
TX
flag msg tools
mb
So these cards are permanent? We had been discarding them when used.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mb
ProjectGSX wrote:
So these cards are permanent? We had been discarding them when used.


Yes, unless you trade them or wilfully discard them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis browne
msg tools
I always read it as that it was once per turn and I didn't think they stacked, so I may have been reading this wrong the whole time. On the other hand, the once per attack seems way to powerful as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbrowne1974 wrote:
I always read it as that it was once per turn and I didn't think they stacked, so I may have been reading this wrong the whole time. On the other hand, the once per attack seems way to powerful as well.


if you noticed a lot of ZBP mechanics are quite powerful.. is meant as a lets kill stuff all night game. Most stuff that I had houserule is to nerf them (preference of play of course).. but anyway.. yea, that`s how they work:
- they stack
- once per attack

edit: but note that you reroll ALL dice, no just the misses
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dbrowne1974 wrote:
I always read it as that it was once per turn and I didn't think they stacked, so I may have been reading this wrong the whole time. On the other hand, the once per attack seems way to powerful as well.


Note that while having the option to remedy a total failure of an attack is nice, in many situations re-rolling is quite a gamble, with good odds to actually make it worse. Especially for weapons with multiple dice.

Both the Vampire and the Heavy Crossbow are 2x4+, which means you have a 50% chance to end up with one success and re-rolling means that you have the same 25% chances on improving or making it worse... would you re-roll that? If the answer is "under normal circumstances: no", then the item is only useful 25% of your attacks.

In combination with my wrong assumption that you actually have to equip this card, lead me to not using it that often. However, since it works from the inventory and even stacks with itself (which was impossible if you had to use a hand for it), it certainly just gives you more options and is quite good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.