Subject: Wood rule question. Please help. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 7 of the rules states that the maximum number of barrage weapons on the board is 4 (I assumed it's due to a wood availability limit). But page 13 states that wood on the action cards gets returned to the wood supply. Where presumably you can collect up to 8 wood back up next turn.

Please help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Max 4 barrage weapons is for balance, not lack of wood. Every wood piece that is used during actions is returned to supply and usable again next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feed back. I bet a ton of people overlook that very important limit since it's only mentions once under a "note".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is also worth noting that the game provides 10 hit cards for the invader's barrage siege machines. That's enough components for 5 barrage weapons.

If they only wanted us to use 4 barrage weapons with not only provide 8 hit cards. Everything else in the game (excluding hour glasses) is naturally limited by the amount of components in the game.

Might one of the veterans or designers shed light in the matter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis (just my village's name)
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
jfc1005 wrote:
It is also worth noting that the game provides 10 hit cards for the invader's barrage siege machines. That's enough components for 5 barrage weapons.

If they only wanted us to use 4 barrage weapons with not only provide 8 hit cards. Everything else in the game (excluding hour glasses) is naturally limited by the amount of components in the game.

Might one of the veterans or designers shed light in the matter?

There is an extra marksman too (if i remember correctly)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agiorgitis wrote:
There is an extra marksman too (if i remember correctly)

Yeah, that apparently is a copy mistake from the first Edition where the Barracks had space for 4 Marksmen, when now it is 3. And good thing there is no way of adding new defenders to the board. (to my very limited knowledge of 2 games)

I just wanted to play as intended since mistakes clearly happen.

I'll likely just house rule it; you can build as many barrage machines as you have components for (5 machines), but if a player is winning too often as the invader we can lower it to a max of 4 barrage machines.

In the end it is still a lovely game that deserves more notoriety than it's apparently getting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.