Popular Tags: [View All]
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Guys!

I've just arrived in Columbus, and I'm looking for a boardgame group.

Specially near OSU campus (because I haven't a car), I alreary heard of kingmakers, but I wanr a really fixed group o friend (and I don't If I came by alone in that place it will work to me to get a table)

also I was 2 years ago I went to Beyond The Board store, I really like there, but hat that I was 2-3 blocks away from it but now I on OLD NORTH sooo I guess it will be hard to me get there on a regular basis (remember no car =p)

also I heard about "Soldiery Inc" and "Heroes and Games", but again I really want to meet new gamers, will do the shopping but not now.

I know there Is "CABS" also, right, but again is considerably too far.

So If there any group that interested to have a one more player, I'll be very pleased to play with you, I enjoy pretty much every kind of games, so the style of games that you like won't be an issue to me!

If you prefer to reach on facebook: it is "/thiago.soaresleite"
I don't have a Cel number right now, But I'll get one soon too

So for now
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
My name's Blurryface
badge
Sometimes quiet is violent
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.facebook.com/Board2DeathOSU/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeMorcerf wrote:

Thanks!

I'm concern because the last facebook post is from may. they're still meeting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
My name's Blurryface
badge
Sometimes quiet is violent
mbmbmbmbmb
thiagosleite wrote:
DeMorcerf wrote:

Thanks!

Maybe they're not meeting during the Summer Semester? which would mean they won't meet again until after a week or two? (I graduated a while ago, but I'm pretty sure the group still exists and meets in public meeting rooms on campus.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Vogel

Liberty Township
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Try CABS here is there web site: http://buckeyeboardgamers.org/

They meet almost every other Friday and Saturday. They have a site on Consimworld if you wish to see more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been in a really long time, but I think that this meetup group is still active.

Meet Up

King Avenue 5 Grill is within walking distance of medical center (south west corner of campus) and Crimson Cup is just a short bus ride north on High Street.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay R
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Anybody know of meetings that happen on weekdays, preferably on the north side? I actually live in Johnstown, but don't mind making a bit of a drive, but hitting the stuff on campus or downtown is a bit of a trek. I'd consider CABS, but their meetings are when I'm usually at work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeMorcerf wrote:
thiagosleite wrote:
DeMorcerf wrote:

Thanks!

Maybe they're not meeting during the Summer Semester? which would mean they won't meet again until after a week or two? (I graduated a while ago, but I'm pretty sure the group still exists and meets in public meeting rooms on campus.)

Exactly! I got a message from them in the facebook page.

The next meeting will be THIS thursday (08/28)! =D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Flipmode wrote:
Anybody know of meetings that happen on weekdays, preferably on the north side? I actually live in Johnstown, but don't mind making a bit of a drive, but hitting the stuff on campus or downtown is a bit of a trek. I'd consider CABS, but their meetings are when I'm usually at work.

There is gaming all the time at Beyond the Board in Dublin, but I THINK Tuesdays and/or Thursdays are board game nights. Magic, Pokemon, X-Wing, Attack Wing, Pathfinder, etc rotate events through on other nights, taking up a variable number of tables depending on attendance.

https://www.facebook.com/BeyondTheBoardLLC/

Unfortunately, they are the furthest "north side" from Johnstown I could probably suggest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay R
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Unfortunately, that's even further than campus. I've been to the store though and it's pretty nice and there were a decent amount of people there for a game night. Prices were definitely MSRP though. I'd like to support a FLGS, but it's a bit far and a bit pricey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.