$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 98.94

6,292 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
39.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BANG! The Dice Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Application of damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

I understand the dice results are applied in a particular order, but is the damage by the Bull's Eye and Gatlings considered to occur simultaneously? Please advise as to the proper results in the following 2 scenarios:

SCENARIO 1

Three players are remaining (deputy, sheriff and outlaw), and the outlaw and sheriff only have a single life point remaining.

On his/her turn, the deputy's dice results include 3 Gatlings and a Bull's Eye, and the deputy uses the Bull's Eye to eliminate the outlaw. Is the game over instantaneously at this point with a sheriff/deputy win (since the outlaws and renegades are eliminated), or is the Gatling Gun result then applied thereby eliminating the sheriff and resulting in the outlaws winning?

SCENARIO 2

Three players are remaining (renegade, sheriff and outlaw), and the outlaw and sheriff only have a single life point remaining.

On his/her turn, the renegade's dice results include 3 Gatlings and a Bull's Eye and he/she uses the Bull's Eye to eliminate the sheriff (as the Gatling has no affect on the sheriff (i.e. Paul Regret)) and a Bull's Eye won't necessarily work on the outlaw (i.e. Bart Cassidy). Is the Gatling Gun result then applied thereby eliminating the outlaw and resulting in the renegade's victory (as the last player remaining)? Or would the game be over as soon as the Bull's Eye is applied (since the sheriff dies) resulting in the outlaws victory? In other words, are the killings considered to occur simultaneously?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Massengale
United States
Bensenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Top of the second page describing the dice:

Quote:
You must apply all the dice results in the following order:

1. Indian arrow

2. Dynamite

3A. Bull's Eye "1"

3B. Bull's Eye "2"

5. Beer

6. Gatling


So for Scenario 1: bull's eye activates first, deputy (should) kill the last outlaw. Sheriff and outlaw win.

Scenario 2: bull's eye activates first, renegade (should) chooses to kill the outlaw because if he kills the sheriff then outlaw wins since the sheriff is dead. Gatling activates and does nothing since the sheriff is Paul Regret. Renegade's turn is over. Sheriff's turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Thanks for your time. I understand the dice results must be applied in the aforementioned order; however, are the killings considered to occur at the same instance? That is, in Scenario 1, is the game over when the Bull's Eye is applied since the outlaws and renegades are dead, or must the Gatlings then be applied killing the sheriff? The rules state you must apply all the dice results in the aforementioned order. If you apply all the dice results, then both the outlaw and sheriff die, and the outlaws are victorious.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Massengale
United States
Bensenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
idontlikegames wrote:
are the killings considered to occur at the same instance?


My interpretation of the rules on the bottom of page two that state:

Quote:
The game ends immediately if:...


is that if either of the two mentioned situations are ever met, the game ends immediately and no other actions take place. So since the bullet action takes place before the gatling gun action, then the game would end immediately without the gatling gun action taking place. I'm not really sure if there's any other way to take that rule to be honest. It seems pretty straightforward and to the point
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The reason that they are applied in order, is so they are not simultaneous. That's probably why the Gatling is at the bottom too.

When the game ends, it ends immediately.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
massenburger wrote:
So for Scenario 1: bull's eye activates first, deputy (should) kill the last outlaw. Sheriff and outlaw win.

Shouldn't that be sheriff and *deputy* win?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Massengale
United States
Bensenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:
Shouldn't that be sheriff and *deputy* win?


Nobody cares about the deputies though...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
massenburger wrote:
Gambiteer wrote:
Shouldn't that be sheriff and *deputy* win?


Nobody cares about the deputies though...

I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning to intrude, I thought we'd probably want to be accurate and not further confuse things when someone is asking for explanation and clarification about end-of-game situations. I apologize.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Massengale
United States
Bensenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:
I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning to intrude, I thought we'd probably want to be accurate and not further confuse things when someone is asking for explanation and clarification about end-of-game situations. I apologize.


??? I thought I was obviously making a joke about how no one usually cares about the deputies during the game. I guess it was a little too nuanced...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
massenburger wrote:
Gambiteer wrote:
I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning to intrude, I thought we'd probably want to be accurate and not further confuse things when someone is asking for explanation and clarification about end-of-game situations. I apologize.


??? I thought I was obviously making a joke about how no one usually cares about the deputies during the game. I guess it was a little too nuanced...

No. Don't worry. It was obvious that you were joking. Some people simply take things way too seriously.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dV Giochi
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Dear AJ K,
When you apply the different die effects, you must always follow the order indicated on the rules. However, all the die with the same result are resolved simultaneously.

Here are answers in more detail :-)
Quote:
SCENARIO 1
Three players are remaining (deputy, sheriff and outlaw), and the outlaw and sheriff only have a single life point remaining.
On his turn, the deputy's dice results include 3 Gatlings and a Bull's Eye, and the deputy uses the Bull's Eye to eliminate the outlaw.

The game ends immediately; sheriff and deputy win.

Quote:
SCENARIO 2
Three players are remaining (renegade, sheriff and outlaw), and the outlaw and sheriff only have a single life point remaining.

Renegade must eliminate the outlaw before killing the sheriff.
In fact, as soon as the sheriff is dead the outlaws win immediately.

Hope this has clarified,
please do not hesitate to ask for further questions

Have fun!

Martino Chiacchiera
Junior Editor
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HI dV Giochi,

Are you a part of the team that created or maintains Bang!: The Dice Game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chaffer
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Calinor wrote:
Are you a part of the team that created or maintains Bang!: The Dice Game?
You can click on the "Game Publisher" banner under a user's name to check which games they publish. This is an easy way to verify this sort of thing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.