7 Posts

Abyss» Forums » General

Subject: Is there an official FAQ for this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
any2cards any2cards
msg tools
mb
As the title states, I have been unable to find an official FAQ for Abyss (+Kraken).

Is there one? If so, where can I find it?

Thanks in advance for any information provided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which questions do you have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
any2cards any2cards
msg tools
mb
I have read through most of the posts within these forums, and have found answers to questions (many from Bruno), some of which surprised me.

I don't have any specific questions, but usually maintain a list of docs and faqs for all of my games.

Given some of the answers provided, and others recommending that those answers be provided in an official errata or FAQ, I was wondering if one was ever created.

I could not find one anywhere on the net.

So, my question remains. Is there an official faq (or some document put together by Bruno), for this game? If so, where can I find it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an unofficial faq that I can post.

I basically just combed through the forums and gathered questions and answers (from the designer) and put it all into one word document
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
any2cards any2cards
msg tools
mb
I would very much appreciate seeing that document. Please post it, or I can provide an e-mail address to which you can send it. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's anything I missed or error'd on, lemme know.
------------

LORDS - General questions:
Q: There are some that let you change lords from your hand with different ones. Do you get to do the action on the new lord?
A: Yes
Q: If I have two keys and recruit a lord getting me a third key, am I able to make use of the newly acquired Lord's power (such as gaining pearls) prior to having to use The Lord to secure a location?

LORD – Specific Cards
Corruptor
Q: There are 3 Lords left in the Court, one of them being the Corruptor (you can recruit a second Lord from the Court by paying 5 Pearls instead of its normal cost). The Corruptor was bought so only 2 Lords stood in the Court so the Court had to be refilled. The question is: the Court is refilled before the Corruptor chooses a second Lord (so the player has more to choose from)? or he pays the 5 pearls to buy one of those 2 remaining Lords) and THEN the court is refilled?
A: Pays the 5 pearls to buy one of those 2 remaining Lords and THEN the court is refilled

Traitor and The Schemer:
Q: Both of these lords allow you to discard a lord you already own and replace it. Do the lords you acquire this way trigger one time effects? Obviously, the ones with ongoing powers work, but this seems to give you benefits twice. And by free lords, I assume one that has not been used for its key?
A: Yes, the lord you acquire this way triggers his special ability. Free lords are the lords who are not dedicated to control of one Location. (ie: lords which haven’t used its key or a lord without any key)

Monster Threat Track
Q: If the marker is on the last space on the threat track, and you turn over a monster while exploring, do you have to fight (assuming you have spaces left on the board for exploration)?
A: if the track is at the highest level and you reveal a monster, you must fight it, take the reward, your turn ends and the track resets as normal.

ABYSS KRAKEN EXPABSION

Loot Cards
Q: If the location which gives access to the booty is exchanged, do the collected booties stay with the player or do they go away with the former location?
A: They go away

Q: When you gain a location that gives you access to the loot deck, and you bust (i.e., you draw a second card with the same IP), you lose both loot cards with that number. What happens to the lost loot cards?
A: They are shuffled back into the loot deck

Sentinel Tokens
Q: When you acquire a sentinel Lord must you immediately reserve something or can you wait?
A: It is done immediately

Q: If another player uses the assassin and kills your sentinel Lord, can you still use the marker to make reservations?
Q: Can a political lord who can discard one court lord each turn discard a lord watched by a sentinel?
A: No. If a Lord is watched by a sentinel, nobody else can interact (buy or discard) with it

Locations
Q: City of Mirrors - Does the copier draw loot cards or get the same score as the loot cards give the copied user?
A: With the city of mirror, you choose which city you copy AT THE END of the game... if you choose to copy a sanctuary, then you draw the loot cards

Q: If I have no Smuggler, can I choose a Sanctuary when I reach 3 keys?
A: Yes, any lord can control a Sanctuary

LORD CARDS
Executioner
Q: Is this a continuing use power or is there a misprint and a missing arrow indicating single time use?
A: It's a one shot effect. The arrow is missing

Cleaner
Q: Does this cards effect for the end of the game still apply if it was used to control a location?
A: No. Like all the other cards with a key, special ability is lost as soon as the Lord is used to control a location

Liberator
Q: What happens when you free an Ambassador with the Liberator
A: If you free an Ambassador with the Liberator, you don't trigger his special ability (which is one shot) BUT you get the 3 keys... That means that you immediately get a new location, following the standard rules (you can choose one visible, or draw up to 4 and choose 1)

Highwayman
Q: Does this apply during the "Explore the Depths" action?
A: This ability is triggered each time on of your opponent gets 2 or more pearls, never mind why they get these pearls (white pearls only, not Nebulis)

Fence:
Q: What if there are more players than I have Nebulis?
A: You choose who will get them

Healer:
Q: "Take an Ally card from the discard". Can you take an ally that you used to pay for this lord? Or do you discard only after you use the power?
A: You discard after having use the power

Monster Key Tokens(Advent Kalander Expansion)
Shuffle the Key Monster tokens with the rest of the Monster tokens. When a player draws a Key Monster token he puts it open in front of him. It counts as key to take control of Locations

Anglerfish- When it's drawn, you have this choice:
Fight - It ends your turn. The threat token goes back to the first space, but you don't take any reward!
or
Continue exploration - To do so, first have to pay what's in front of the threat token. Then, move the threat token one step forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
any2cards any2cards
msg tools
mb
Thank you very much for your efforts. I appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.