Subject: Using your own building first rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake Morris
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
This size viola da gamba is like a cello with frets. I started playing at age 48.
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading a recent review, I thought about the disadvantage of constructing a building only to not use it yourself for several turns. For no particular reason I replaced the two small meeples in each of the (5) colors with larger ones. This left me with spare smaller meeples and a plan.

I made up a Wheelhouse tile with the following purpose; one could instead use the 5-player board, if available. Do not include the Mayor's House in the selection of buildings on offer. Each player receives one small worker (or some other distinctive marker in his color) at the start. He may deploy that worker once to use as a free action the power of a building he has just constructed, but for no other purpose. Also, no normal worker can carry out this action. At the end of the round the small meeple goes to the Wheelhouse (which might also contain a pub!), When a player places a worker on the Wheelhouse, he may either take back his small worker for reuse OR he may take the first player marker. The first player to use this power in each round gets three coins, as usual with the Wheelhouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I think your solution is nice and opens up play, it's one of those mechanics I really like, Le Harve does this to great effect and you need to get timing down and you do make a few bucks from the use.

Interesting idea, might have to try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Let me know how it works out for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Morris
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
This size viola da gamba is like a cello with frets. I started playing at age 48.
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra meeple only sees occasional use, but the wheelhouse is a success even with the 4-player board. We'll continue to play this way. Fun game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.