Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Tompkins
Canada
Pointe-Claire
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know which 7 characters will be featured in the base set?

The Character Add-On deck has:
Ahmotep the magus,
Channa Ti the druid,
Drelm the cleric,
Mavaro the occultist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2seqw?Fun-speculation-iconics-fo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are Channa-Ti and Drelm iconics?

I thought Lini and Kyra were the Druid/Cleric iconics.

Is this the first set with non-iconics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Tompkins
Canada
Pointe-Claire
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, for folks who don't want to scroll through a couple of pages of info, here is the short (but incomplete) version:

The MuMa base set is thought to ccntain:
Estra (Spiritualist)
Yoon (Kineticist)
Damiel (Alchemist)
Alahazra (Oracle)
Ezren (Wizard)
Zadim (Slayer)
+ 1 unidentified character
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
An iconic is whomever Paizo says it is. laugh

I suspect the iconics origins are playtest characters Paizo used during their own internal campaigns and they become iconics once they were illustrated by Wayne Reynolds. It's clever marketing on Paizo's part because a consumer instantly knows what character class is presented in the illustration (Valeros = fighter, Lini = druid, etc) and the product in question is Pathfinder compatible.

As soon as the character list is official, I'll update my "Meet the Iconics" character guide. I've seen no mention of Hakon - who is an iconic with a PACG card - so I wonder if that means another PACG title is in the works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Paizo blog today reveals Simoun, a Janni rogue as the seventh character. So she's not an iconic character as Merisiel is the iconic rogue. blog post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give them time. I notice Paizo likes to push their current RPG character supplement (Occult adventurers), so perhaps the Janni character is part of their Pathfinder Society / Planes of Powers focus at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calthaer the Bard
Turks and Caicos Islands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the new characters that are not iconics are from novels or comics or other parts of the Pathfinder world that they want to cross- and up-sell to people. I, for one, am glad - there are already three versions of Merisiel in existence, we don't really need a fourth. I suppose it's too much to hope, I suppose, that some day we'll be able to get a halfling rogue, but at least we're not stuck on just one note anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the repeat characters were likely due to which iconics appeared in the original RPG Adventure Path illustrations. It's hard to omit a character if they're showing up in the artwork all the time. Merisiel got the boot from PACG WOTR despite being present in the original WOTR artwork used by the card game. I gave a small nod to the situation by including a Merisiel miniature in one of my diorama "illustrations" for the Adventure Guide.

The Occult characters didn't exist during Mummy's Mask so they're totally being shoehorned in. I hope there's a Meet the Iconics entry for some of the book/comic characters; otherwise I can't print their bios in my Iconics Guide; which would make it incomplete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.