Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

1944: Race to the Rhine» Forums » Rules

Subject: Monty's bonus ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I use Monty's ability to take two additional supply markers during supply action and I take 3 of a kind from Allied Stock track to the Army supply base. From where should I take those two additional markers then - Allied Stock track or supply reserve?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Supply reserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The wording on page six of the rulebook implies that when taking from the Allied Stock Track, you can take only full sets.

Thusly my interpretation would be that Monty's special ability lets you take two extra supply markers only from the Reserve Pool (from off the board).

That's the way I've always interpreted and played the rule, anyway. It's one of those things where it never occurred to me as a question until you asked it. But now that you have, I think it's worth getting official clarification... just for, you know... clarification!

Edit: Whoops... I was busy typing away and pontificating while Alex wasted no time in providing a much more succinct answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waldek Gumienny
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
afafard wrote:
Supply reserve.

Correct answer, sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.