4 Posts

Tomb Raider Collectible Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Mars16 (Japanese) Tomb Raider CCG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Treeble
Brazil
flag msg tools
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know *anything* at all about said version? I don't speak Japanese of course, but managed to buy some of these cards off eBay. They seem to have a similar pattern with color-coded numbers for cards, but the high values suggest their mechanics are very different.

Also worth noting their cards use mostly assets from TR4 and TR5, whereas the Precedence card ranges from TR1-TR3, with very few TR4 images thrown in the Big Guns expansion.

For the record, this cardback image right here is from said game:

This is a photo of all the cards I own, just to illustrate what the front side looks like:

Just a curiosity, nothing more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First I've ever seen of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only found one web page that mentioned it. Nothing other than it was a reworking of the Mars 16 series which still tells us nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only mention I can find identifies it as a CCG from ~2000. Apparently Mars 16 was a Japanese CCG that rated a single expansion set (Infection), and then produced a Tomb Raider set. I think the date refers to the base set's release, and then Infection and Tomb Raider would have been later in the year or in 2001. But, I'm honestly not sure of the timeline.

The only other piece of information I have is that the core game apparently shipped with a T-shirt that served as a playmat.

EDIT: There does appear to be a little more information online about Mars 16, but it's not available in a language I can actually read. (Most of what I could find is either in Japanese, or French.)

EDIT2: I'm an idiot, I forgot the French name for March is mars. So of course, "mars 16" will return a bunch of french language info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.