$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Michael Armbruster
Germany
Osterhofen
flag msg tools
Hi folks,

I'm sorry if it was asked in another post already, but I wasn't able to find any information about that.

I would be glad to support BGG enough to donate multiple small donations throughout the year, as it's sometimes hard for me to get out a huge donation at a time (I am a student and sometimes there's not that much money to spare).

Of course, I would like to have a patron badge if I donate $15 towards BoardGameGeek, but is it also possible to have three $5 donations until the end of the year (I already gave $5, so maybe on in October and one $5 donation in December, for example).

But maybe the donations don't stack and it is really needed to give at least $15 in one larger donation?

Thank you very much for your answers

Best,
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless something has changed, yes the donations stack up. When you hit $15 you get those benefits, and when you hit $25 you also get those benefits. (Not that I know when "the year" of ad-block would count from.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Armbruster
Germany
Osterhofen
flag msg tools
Hi YaVerOt,

thank you very much for your answer. So shall it be, BGG will get donations from my humble self

Best,
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing to note is that if you want to help with the Drive at the end of the year. It only counts towards the bonus to donate during the drive. At least that is my understanding.

To be clear, at the end of the year they have a fundraising drive. for each donation made during the drive a certain amount of geek gold (I think 1% of your donation) is given to EVERYONE who donated $15 that year, but my understanding is only the donations made during that time add to the bonus.

At least it was that way in the past and that it why I wait until then to donate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
I donate in January to get my supporter badge and ad ban and in December for the fundraising drive for the GG.
Worked for me so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:
The only thing to note is that if you want to help with the Drive at the end of the year. It only counts towards the bonus to donate during the drive. At least that is my understanding.

To be clear, at the end of the year they have a fundraising drive. for each donation made during the drive a certain amount of geek gold (I think 1% of your donation) is given to EVERYONE who donated $15 that year, but my understanding is only the donations made during that time add to the bonus.

At least it was that way in the past and that it why I wait until then to donate.

This is wrong. I donate in January and still get the bonus GG at the end of the year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Syvanis wrote:

This is wrong. I donate in January and still get the bonus GG at the end of the year.

If you donate in January (or any time during the year) you receive the bonus, but you don't increase the bonus' total. Only people who donate during the drive increase the bonus, as was said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Syvanis wrote:

That is what I said. EVERYONE gets the bonus, but only the people who donate then help the drive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt cocuzzi
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
One Overtext To Rule Them All
badge
One Overtext To Rule Them All
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
Unless something has changed, yes the donations stack up. When you hit $15 you get those benefits, and when you hit $25 you also get those benefits. (Not that I know when "the year" of ad-block would count from.)

The year of ad-block starts the day you reach $25 in donations.

As others have said, donating in December adds to the total of "new donors" that pushes the drive forward, but all donors throughout the year who donate at least $15 get the big geekgold bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.