1 Posts

Coup» Forums » Variants

Subject: Combo variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BoardGame Chronicles
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Having read through a lot of variants and variants-related discussions,I've made a summary of the combo variant:

1. When a player loses an influence, allow him/her to draw one card. Basically, the base game rules allow you only TWO lives. You can extend it up to 4 or 5 lives as you please.

2. It's a coup, so come on, it should be possible for a coup to fail! When a player announces a coup, he needs to correctly call at least one card in the target's hand. If the call is correct, the target is out. If the call is incorrect, the aggressor loses 7 coins (or get 2 coins back for a failed coup) but keeps his cards, while the target reveals his cards and draws as many new cards as he had to reveal.

3. Mix up ambassador and inquisitor cards and from that pile draw the required number of cards for the set up and play.

The only question I have is, for the extra lives variant, should I use only the 15 cards or should use 25 or 30 cards. I have the Reformation expansion. So I can use 4 or 5 copies of the same card. Since 15 cards allow you 2 lives, should I be using 25 cards for 4 lives and 30 cards for 5 lives?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.