Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Web
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello all,

I have a question about the event card Economic Project. The unshaded event reads: "In each space with cubes, replace an Insurgent Faction's base with its guerrilla."

When I as the Coalition executed the event I was able to completely devastate the Warlord faction and the Taliban presence in Afghanistan. My question is about the balancing of this card. Is it balanced because I should have a semi-alliance with the Warlords player? Am I misinterpreting how devastating the effect of the unshaded event is? Does the Taliban have a convenient and relatively quick counter to this effect for them to perform in future turns that I have missed?

Please excuse me if this is a silly question as I have only played 2 campaigns of my first game. I'm looking forward to playing again soon.

Thanks in advance,
Danweb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

It's a strong card, wrt both the unshaded and shaded text (depending on the layout of the map at the time, that can be a lot of Resources to shell out).

Note it says, "an Insurgent Faction's Base".
That means either Warlords or Taliban would be the target.
Don't think the Coalition has to have, or should have a semi-alliance with Warlords, just because they are not the Taliban.
Meanwhile, the only in-game counter to this by the Taliban would be to pick up the pieces and build again; the card is a one-time event.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.