Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played three games so far, with Sloth, Wrath and Gluttony.

Sloth makes hero movement a slog, Wrath is great at positioning its monsters around the board, but so far Gluttony has been the star for me. It lets the Sins player cycle her deck so many times, because the heroes have to take upgrades, and they want to take extra turn tokens which gives the Sins player more cards and reactions to work with. Our Sins player was playing cards constantly, and always seemed to have a hand of three or more. I also really like the cards that synergize with Gluttony's ability, giving the heroes free upgrades or extra turn tokens.

And that Avatar card, that gives the Avatar the same fight bonuses as the hero attacking it? Brutal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game mechanic for Envy is perfect for the Sin it self. When a player takes an upgrade the other players take corruption or that player can take one wound to prevent the corruption. Genius!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best sin will be the one that enters the EU first...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telrak wrote:

Greed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b p
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nah... Envy shake

And a bit of Wrath to top it off. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Gluttony was the most fun I'd had as playing a Sin.

Every time FAITH gets an extra turn token, Sin player gets a token.
Every time FAITH gets an upgrade card, Sin player draws a card from their deck.

A majority of the Sin cards allow the heroes the above-mentioned extras or take penalties for not taking them, which is great. Always had a full hand of cards, I cycled through the deck almost twice before soundly defeating them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atul Deshpande
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Haven't played with Gluttony yet, but I think gluttony maybe is too strong a sin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
Telrak wrote:

Greed?

Is it greed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be curious to hear from other perspectives also, which makes a more fun game overall. Gluttony certainly sounds fun from the Sins player's perspective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burger King
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know about all the other sins but Greed was BRUTAL. fighting the faith hero with the most upgrades you get an extra dice. When there is a tie for most BOTH characters have the "most" basically means monsters are always fighting with bonus dice. At level 6 on the terror track the Avatar is throwing 9 dice. NINE DICE! I had the avatar straight out one shotting the faith heroes on each move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.