4,798 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
30.2% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Sunday in Ngunnawal Gaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Mclachlan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, we're doing it again. Richard has come over but no others. Next week I think there will be a lot more, we might even need to have two tables going.

The first game we played today was Exodus: Proxima Centauri which only arrived in the mail yesterday morning. :)

My second playing of it and Richards first. Richard said he would play it again and it's already a favourite of mine.

We're now playing Robo Rally which is one I requested Richard to bring. If we have enough time later we'll play a game of Onitama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mclachlan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make that 2 games of Robo Rally. I can't tell my left from my right :blush:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mclachlan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last week didn't happen at my place since I had the plague. Richard and Julian did get together and play a heap of games though.

This week (4 Sept) both Julian and Richard came over and we played a game of Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar followed by a game of Dice City. After that we munched on carrots and dip and chatted about Julian's experiences at Essen.

Next week is GLOG (on the Saturday) and I'm not sure if I'll be available to host on the Sunday as I might be doing a 20km walk - a section of the Centennial Trail.

Cheers

Paul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mclachlan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today my mate David came over. He needed to de-stress and didn't want to play any stressful, competitive games.

So we started off some Maccas and a chat.

The first game was Karuba and then lost a bunch of games of The Grizzled.

After that we tried Mystic Vale and then finished off the afternoon with 3 games of Zombie Dice and a video on you-tube - one of the Cat Nom Nom Nom ones.

David hopefully drove home with a smile on his face.

Next week we'll have a few more gamers, cross fingers.

Cheers

Paul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Hyde
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey paul, is this an open meetup? I wouldn't mind meeting some more Ngunnawal gamers myself if thats not too intrusive haha.

This week is terrible for me but maybe later on sometime hey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mclachlan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Derry, not completely open meetup, but happy to get new players. Do you go to GLOG or KLOG so we can meet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Hyde
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll definitely try to make it to the next GLOG, KLOG is a tad far as I have to work Saturday evenings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mclachlan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This week I didn't try for Saturday or Sunday because of the various footy finals. Fortunately it's a long weekend so I sent the e-mail out for today.

At one point it looked like I'd have 8 people over but in the end it was just the 4 of us. Today it was Glenn, David and Andrew who came over and we played a bunch of games.

David got here early so we started off with Zombie Dice.

Once everybody arrived I pulled out my copy of Roll for the Galaxy and we played that 3 times before moving onto 2 games of Machi Koro.

After David and Andrew headed off Glenn and I played 2 games of Eminent Domain: Microcosm before we called it.

Hopefully next week it'll be a good number again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mclachlan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today was another day of good gaming.

There were 4 of us again with Glenn, David and Steve, his first time, and I today.

We started off with two games of Mystic Vale and followed that up with a couple of games of Sushi Go!.

Steve then had to head off to coach a little league team (he might post the sport later 'cause I didn't really pay attention to that beyond the location).

We finished off the afternoon with two games of Mission: Red Planet (second edition).

Hopefully next week we'll continue to have good numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mclachlan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday there were 3 of us - Glenn, Steve and I.

We kicked off with two games of Mechs vs. Minions which arrived on Saturday morning. We played the tutorial and the first mission and this one definitely lives up to the hype.

We then played a couple of games of Splendor before Steve had to leave. Then Glenn and I finished off the afternoon with a single game of K2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mclachlan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This week we had 4 players - Glenn, Steve, Julian and I.

As Julian was running a little late we started off with a filler of The Grizzled which finished just as Julian walking in the door. Great timing and we won!

As Julian had just gotten back from Essen he had 3 new games to try out.
The first one was Touria. I really enjoyed the mechanisms in this game that made it really hard to plan future turns. Initially I didn't like the end of the game but on reflection I think I like it more. The first player to open doors can get lucky and find the prince or princess straight away but they already won the rest of the game so I now don't mind.

We then played the filler Checkpoint Charlie, a deduction card game that was a lot of fun. There was a more difficult level we could have played this at that would have melted my brain, I really enjoyed this one too.

Steve normally needs to leave a little early so after he left our last game was Martians: A Story of Civilization but as this was very new we had to struggle with the rulebook and didn't finish a full game. It's a worker placement game that I really like. We got one crucial rule wrong, we mistakenly gave up our regolith when we did the bonus action of examining what we just mined. Overall a really good game that I'd like to try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.