Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Keen
United States
Keenes
Il
flag msg tools
'Obvious' is the most dangerous word in mathematics. Eric Temple Bell
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently converting a briefcase into a travel case for games. I'm looking for recommendations on games that when removed from the box have few pieces. Looking for primarily card and dice games, but, anything with a tiny footprint would work.

I currently have Android: Netrunner, Anomia, Bang the Dice Game, Cheaty Mages, Codenames, Diamonds, Epic, Fairy Tale, Give Me the Brain, Hanabi, Innovation, some Magic decks, Red7, Saboteur, Star Realms, and Tichu.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Race for the Galaxy plus Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Dungeon !?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Barzaghi
Italy
flag msg tools
Arboretum
Citadels
Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Witness
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qwinto is just score sheets, 3 dice and pencils. There are any other similar tiny dice games that still have plenty of interesting decisions - Zooloretto: The Dice Game,Rolling Americaetc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
No one gets more mileage out of a deck of cards than Carl Chudyk. You've already got Innovation and Red7 - check out Impulse and Mottainai.

Arboretum and Parade are both just decks of cards, and really pretty decks at that. I'm also personally partial to Three Dragon Ante, though that one needs a roll of pennies to use as chips.

There's also the Tiny Epic series of games, which makes a point of being super-compact. Haven't played 'em, but I did back the recent KS for one of them. In that vein, Sail to India is cards and a few cubes.

It's cliché, but Splendor really does condense down to a very compact game. (I'm not personally a big fan of the game, but hey, it's not a bad one.)

Lastly, if you want to pack another party game you could grab Cockroach Poker. Conversely, if you want a solo game or two Onirim and the other Oniverse games should be suitable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isle of Trains is a nice, little card only pick up and deliver game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Akua just funded on KS and will probably be available in no time at all. You just need some dry erase markers, a paper towel, and the board. Super portable, pub friendly, and a pretty neat idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Love Letter is 16 cards and 12 wooden cubes; many versions come with their own carrying bag.

Hive Pocket is 26 small tiles, again in their own carrying bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Varboncouer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

With the appropriate laminated score cards for however many players you want and 8 colored dice (blue, red, green, yellow, purple, orange, & 2 white), you can play the following:

Qwixx
Qwinto
Qwixx gemixxt
Rolling America
Reiner Knizia's Decathlon
30 Rails
Farkle
Yahtzee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Varboncouer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Here are some geeklists with some great ideas and information:

My Briefcase - 2.0: you can see how his briefcase changed over time
Super Compact Board Game Collection: uses a self-designed deck with mulitple ranks and 8 suits
Ten Inches by Seven Inches By 2 Inches: uses a sticheln deck for a lot of game variety
Ranks and Suits - The Anatomy of Decks of Cards: breaks down the makeup of the decks in different games and allows you to see areas of overlap
Favorite Games with Standard Playing Cards: hard to beat the a basic deck of cards for variety

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One night ultimate werewolf
Dice masters
Magic the gathering
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Varboncouer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Roll For It! Deluxe Edition: for up to 8 players. has 8 sets of 6 different colored mini dice. You could use this to play other games as well such as liar's dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J .M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some Looney Pyramids. A few Components can play dozens of good games. Including Martian Chess, Zendo , Homeworlds and Attack Of The Mids . And if you print up easy to carry paper boards/cards you can even use them to play Onitama,Crab Stack,Savrano and Gyges .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Keen
United States
Keenes
Il
flag msg tools
'Obvious' is the most dangerous word in mathematics. Eric Temple Bell
mbmbmbmbmb
overhaul wrote:

Super Compact Board Game Collection: uses a self-designed deck with mulitple ranks and 8 suits
Ten Inches by Seven Inches By 2 Inches: uses a sticheln deck for a lot of game variety
Ranks and Suits - The Anatomy of Decks of Cards: breaks down the makeup of the decks in different games and allows you to see areas of overlap
Favorite Games with Standard Playing Cards: hard to beat the a basic deck of cards for variety

These are really useful. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Varboncouer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Trollkiing wrote:
overhaul wrote:

These are really useful. Thanks.

No problem. I hope you find the links helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.