Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to check I'm playing this card right. It states you can gain any number of Intel cards from the Bridge.

You replace each card as you gain it, right? This means that if a replacement card is also an Intel card, you can gain it too, as I Can Kill You with My Brain should still be resolving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it resolves it's effect at once. So you gain them, the effect is over, they refill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the rule on p10 that states: "Whenever there is an empty space in the Bridge for any reason, immediately refill it with the top card of the Crew Deck face-up." is the type of immediate that waits until the current card action is resolved before it takes effect?

Then again, I guess the actual thing happening is you simultaneously gain all the cards. I was considering it as gaining them one-by-one, like you do while recruiting and so on. I think this was mostly due to the rule on p20 about gaining cards being in the singular... Thanks for the correction.

I suppose this is a ruling carried over from the other Legendary/Legendary Encounters games? This is my first one, and it always takes a while to get into the flow of things with a slightly ambiguous rule like this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not an official answer.

And I'm using my background of playing hundreds of games a year, including competitive card games (which always have timing issues). You can't interrupt an effect in the middle of it resolving with something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, then we are back to the ambiguity. Hopefully we'll get some official word soon to be sure which way is correct.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I don't think we can conclusively determine which way is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
So the rule on p10 that states: "Whenever there is an empty space in the Bridge for any reason, immediately refill it with the top card of the Crew Deck face-up." is the type of immediate that waits until the current card action is resolved before it takes effect?

Then again, I guess the actual thing happening is you simultaneously gain all the cards. I was considering it as gaining them one-by-one, like you do while recruiting and so on. I think this was mostly due to the rule on p20 about gaining cards being in the singular... Thanks for the correction.

I suppose this is a ruling carried over from the other Legendary/Legendary Encounters games? This is my first one, and it always takes a while to get into the flow of things with a slightly ambiguous rule like this one.

I am with Dustin on this one. You gain all the cards immediately (end of card effect) all spots fill immediately. When you purchase you can do it any point in the turn which is where the timing difference happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I, too, played it the way Dustin described.

I figured that when you activate the ability, it looks at the current state of the Bridge, and you have the option of snagging any Intel cards currently there (all at once). THEN the empty slots are refilled, but the replacements weren't there when the ability was resolved, so they're not eligible to be picked up.

Of course there isn't any official ruling that I've seen on this. Hopefully an FAQ page can be compiled. If nothing else, it could be posted on here (or as a file or something), even if it is just a compilation of the responses to questions that Danny Mandel (one of the game's designers) has posted on here, as those are the only official clarifications that I've seen so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Ah, then we are back to the ambiguity. Hopefully we'll get some official word soon to be sure which way is correct.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I don't think we can conclusively determine which way is correct.

I can sure see Clipper's point on the wording. We also play the way SeerMagic is playing it, simply because (in these "Encounters" games), if the interpretation of an ambiguous rule helps the players, it can't possibly be correct.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mandel
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
I, too, played it the way Dustin described.

I figured that when you activate the ability, it looks at the current state of the Bridge, and you have the option of snagging any Intel cards currently there (all at once). THEN the empty slots are refilled, but the replacements weren't there when the ability was resolved, so they're not eligible to be picked up.

Hi everyone,

The above is how the card works.

Thank you,
Danny
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Danny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, thanks. Ambiguity resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.