Subject: Rule/app bug question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules seem pretty simple, so I'm assuming this a bug, but any clarification would be welcome.

1 human player, 2 medium AI, 1 hard AI.

About 20 buildings left, I placed my 3 onto desert, then activated Tower to place one in the corner of the board, on flowers, in the last available spot for my tower action. The hex was the only hex highlighted, but repeated tapping of the hex did not place a building, although the hex did "react" to the tapping, turning orange. After several taps, the description of the oasis action appeared. The oasis was in the game, but was not an action I had.

I had already exhausted one edge area, and was about to finish up another, so the tower placement next turn was to be my best shot at the final board for the Farmer and Hermit scoring.

Is there any possible reason I could have been unable to place a tile in the corner?

Apologies for the lack of screenshot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds buggy. Is it android or iOS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Android, through Bluestacks emulator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like this might have been the issue:

Quote:
One bug that certainly does exist is that it is very difficult to play a piece in the upper left corner hex - you can't do so when zoomed in on the board (no matter how hard you try). You have to turn the zoom off and then use your touch screen extremely precisely...

Good to know there is a way around the bug, and precision is no problem when using a mouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes! In find this is a general problem. Not just with the top corners, I usually play zoomed out. There must be some sort of rounding error on some devices.
I hope they consider making some improvements and expansions for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.