Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K R
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!
Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere, but it did not show up for me in a conclusive way.

1.Action location with Basic + Adv Scoring tech:
Eg. pay /discard 1X to get 1 stone and 3VP
When i "take" this action a 2nd time because of the Basic Tech, do i pay/discard 1X again or do i get 2stone + 6 VP (and 2 VP for Adv Scoring tech) for the first 1X that i paid/discarded?
Essentially, does the Basic Tech make me receive JUST the benefit twice ( i hope) or do i pay twice too?

I think JUST benefit is possible/justifiable cause:
a) the rule says TAKE action one more time, not ACTIVATE action one more time. Take as in just take the benefit?
b) the rule also does not say TAKE action one more time by paying the cost again
c) it makes getting benefit of Basic Teck on Action locations more difficult and not so lucrative.

2.Actions that can be activated multiple times (Emerald Haven) / twice:
Can such actions be done twice or multiple times (as the case may be) in that SAME turn or do you have you to exchange one meeeple for one resource one-by-one over a million turns in case of Emerald Haven? I assume the correct ruling on this would also apply to all "May be activated twice" buildings even in the base game?

RANT: I love this game...but the lack of clarity of text / rules make it such a pain to get into every new expansion. This game cannot be played correctly without BGG forums. Not an elegant design at all...but i still like it, sigh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anim8r wrote:
Hello!
Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere, but it did not show up for me in a conclusive way.

1.Action location with Basic + Adv Scoring tech:
Eg. pay /discard 1X to get 1 stone and 3VP
When i "take" this action a 2nd time because of the Basic Tech, do i pay/discard 1X again or do i get 2stone + 6 VP (and 2 VP for Adv Scoring tech) for the first 1X that i paid/discarded?
Essentially, does the Basic Tech make me receive JUST the benefit twice ( i hope) or do i pay twice too?

You need to pay it again to gain the benefits.

anim8r wrote:
2.Actions that can be activated multiple times (Emerald Haven) / twice:
Can such actions be done twice or multiple times (as the case may be) in that SAME turn or do you have you to exchange one meeeple for one resource one-by-one over a million turns in case of Emerald Haven? I assume the correct ruling on this would also apply to all "May be activated twice" buildings even in the base game?

You can take the action twice in the same turn OR you time in a turn and another time in another turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.