Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Tiles from the original game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tatu Hirvonen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Has anybody seen the old tiles being used in the game? I've played about 7 games so far and haven't seen any. Is there a bug or something or is it meant to be this way in the current scenarios?

EDIT: I have seen monsters and investigators though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you remember to tick that you owned the old game tiles in the menu before starting the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tatu Hirvonen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Yes I did. I was wondering that am I just unlucky ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it depends somewhat on the scenario. I've played the first scenario, Cycle of Eternity, 3 times and I recall at least two times it included tiles from first edition. However, I've also played the second scenario, Escape from Innsmouth, twice and it used the exact same tiles both times and they were all from second edition. I've started Rising Tide and haven't encountered any first edition tiles, but I don't think I'm very far into the exploration of that scenario yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tatu Hirvonen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
I've played the first scenario 3 times, the second scenario twice and once each of the rest of the scenarios. None of these included any old tiles in them so I got worried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is strange. I have no idea what type of algorithm is used to choose the tiles. Are you at least seeing some different layouts, even with just the second edition tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tatu Hirvonen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, I've seen 2 different layouts for the first scenario. The second scenario have had the same layout the 2 times I've played it but it has been confirmed in other threads that this is always the case. I think I'm just unlucky or something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far, I've played the first scenario 4 times and have had a different layout each time.so maybe you're just unlucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think only the 1st scenario uses tiles from 1st Edition. The other maps not only don't use the tiles, but I'm not even seeing a random layout (though we haven't played the 3rd scenario that much yet). 1st scenario though definitely has multiple layouts with or without 1st Ed tiles.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tatu Hirvonen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
No need to worry then, good. Thanks for the responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.