Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: What character(s) deserve a small box expansion in 2017? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
We have Deadpool coming out in a couple months, so I would like to hear who everyone thinks deserves the small box treatment next year!

I think with Thor: Ragnarok coming out next year, starring Thor & Hulk, and due to their lack of presence since the Core Set, one of those 2 are likely choices.

One centered around mutants/X-men would be nice but not likely :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Punisher Soldier Supreme!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An A-Force small box would be great:

She Hulk
Medusa
Niko
Dazzler
Captain Marvel
Singularity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam X-treme
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nimstradamus wrote:
We have Deadpool coming out in a couple months, so I would like to hear who everyone thinks deserves the small box treatment next year!

I think with Thor: Ragnarok coming out next year, starring Thor & Hulk, and due to their lack of presence since the Core Set, one of those 2 are likely choices.

I was going to say Thor and Hulk small boxes would be great, but you beat me to it. I'd love to see Thor's box centered around Walt Simonson's work, with Surtur and Malekith as Masterminds with their appropriate schemes. Though an argument could be made for Hel as a Mastermind as well. And this could be an opportunity to finally get a Thrown Artifact Thor!

I also agree that A-Force would be great, if for no other reason to address the historical underrepresentation of great female heroes (though granted that has been trending higher over the expansions). It's criminal that we don't yet have a She-Hulk in this game.

I could also see an Inhumans small box being a good bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Hebert
Canada
Granby
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to see Alpha Flight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jack delavert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvel Man (aka Miracle Man)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
sabird wrote:
nimstradamus wrote:

I was going to say Thor and Hulk small boxes would be great, but you beat me to it. I'd love to see Thor's box centered around Walt Simonson's work, with Surtur and Malekith as Masterminds with their appropriate schemes. Though an argument could be made for Hel as a Mastermind as well. And this could be an opportunity to finally get a Thrown Artifact Thor!

I also agree that A-Force would be great, if for no other reason to address the historical underrepresentation of great female heroes (though granted that has been trending higher over the expansions). It's criminal that we don't yet have a She-Hulk in this game.

I could also see an Inhumans small box being a good bet.

A-Force would be such a great choice! I think if they did this they can use some powerful females as MasterMinds too like Hela, Morgan Le Fey, or Selene.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Voodoo257 wrote:
I want to see Alpha Flight

This is what I would like to see, but I don't know how to limit to 5 heroes. AF would need at a minimum Puck, Guardian, Sasquatch, Auroro, Northstar, Shaman,Snowbird and Marrina. Then you have characters like Box, Talisman, diamond lil, Wildchild, Major Mapleleaf.

Masterminds could be the Master, the Great Beasts, The collective, or Wendigo.

A-Force is not a bad idea, though I am more a fane of the older characters and story's than anything that has come about in the last 3 years. An A-Force small box would definitely market toward the female gender AND would connect with their current universe.

Other potential small boxes could include:
Defenders (early teams - Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie, Hellcat, Nighthawk, Hellstrom, the son of Satan)
Excalibur - Captain Brittain, Shadowcat, Pete Wisdom, Nightcrawler, Moria MacTaggart, Meggan, Blacknight, Lockheed
Inhumans - Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, Lockjaw
Runaways - Molly, Alex, Chase, Gert, Karolina, Nico
Squadron Supreme - Hyperion, Nighthawk, Power Princess, Doctor Spectrum, whizzer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot imagine a 2017 for Legendary without cosmic expansions. I've been saying this for a while, but my guess is that the big box of 2017 will be a cosmic-centered one, introducing more Guardians& friends. However, I think there is room for a Thor-centered expansion too, since it will line up well with Ragnarok. Perhaps a new Asgardian affiliation, to go well with the Enemies of Asgard affiliation for, let's say, an Avengers vs X-men scheme? With Odin, Lady Sif, Thor King of Asgard, Angela and Heimdall?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nimstradamus wrote:

Well, we've had Lady Thor in Secret Wars volume 1, and Nul (aka uru-enchanted Hulk) in Fear Itself, so they have not been entirely absent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Secret Warriors/agents of SHIELD?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I officially second both the suggestions for A-Force and for Alpha Flight!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
??? ???
msg tools
Scarlet Witch Well, it is at least my most desired box..... ~
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Finnegan
msg tools
mb
A Villains small box with a Captain America Commander vs. the Masters of Evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick O\'Toole
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nimstradamus wrote:

Ah yes, we all know this game is lacking in mutants and X-Men. The amount of those is just absolutely miniscule. They don't make up almost half of the content in the game at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
??? ???
msg tools
Not anymore, no. Not since Avengers: the big box arrived...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
The Fantastic Four?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hulk, Hulk, Hulk...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should we expect more New Warriors? I might remember it wrongly, but didn't some UD representative say at GenCon that they were planning on bringing more New Warriors to the game?

I'd love a box with Firestar, Darkhawk, Nova, Scarlet Spider and Slapstick!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
Hulk, Hulk, Hulk...

Yup! Give Hulk a small box and give X-Men a big box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Red Hulk, Skaar and A-Bomb for a perfect Hulk expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Laager
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Superman
Batman
Greenlantern
Wonderwoman
The Flash

yeaaaah that would ruuuuuulllle !!

please all cross-over fans go cry somewhere else
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zerg wrote:
Superman
Batman
Greenlantern
Wonderwoman
The Flash

Mastermind: Batman
Attack: 12
Always Leads: Bat Family
Master Strike:
Batman has prepared for your attack. Each player discards their entire hand. On their turn, each player reveals the top card of their deck and immediately plays it. This is repeated five more times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.