Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Apps
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've found that the deck setup for Among the Stars really deters the game getting played. It seems like a small thing but I really wanted it to be faster. So here is my proposal if you feel the same:

Shuffle all of the basic and special cards together and make one large stack of 90 cards. Create the separate piles as normal, however, put them face up, splaying them slightly so that each type can be seen. (You may want to place these in rows so that each player knows exactly which stack will be drawn from next.) Place the leftover cards in one stack within reach of both players.

In addition to the normal options each player would have during the game, each player may now also "trash" one card from their available choices (this requires an easily discernible discard pile) in order to draw the top card from the face down deck. That card can then be built as normal, or discarded for 3 credits.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.