$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 99.41

6,314 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
39.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Key to the City – London» Forums » General

Subject: Availability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When and how (KS, retail?) will this be available in the US and other parts of the world?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like Game Salute is handling US distribution, as they did with last year's Essen release of Inhabit the Earth. Last year, they ran a Kickstarter for Inhabit the Earth which seemed to work very well (excepting the fact that there was no packing in the box). Hopefully they follow a similar path with Key to the City – London this year.

FWIW, last year's KS ran from October 20 - November 5, and game deliveries began in mid-December.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
It looks like Game Salute is handling US distribution, as they did with last year's Essen release of Inhabit the Earth. Last year, they ran a Kickstarter for Inhabit the Earth which seemed to work very well (excepting the fact that there was no packing in the box). Hopefully they follow a similar path with Key to the City – London this year.

FWIW, last year's KS ran from October 20 - November 5, and game deliveries began in mid-December.


Quinned Games just posted the box art for this on FB and called it #18 in the master print series.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
The bigger question will be whether those who don't do Kickstarter will get a shot at it. Because it seems these days that unless you Kickstart a game, the entire print run will be sold out before Joe P. Average gets a chance to buy it.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
The bigger question will be whether those who don't do Kickstarter will get a shot at it. Because it seems these days that unless you Kickstart a game, the entire print run will be sold out before Joe P. Average gets a chance to buy it.



Considering GameSalute pretty much flat out lied about Inhabit the earth being a kickstarter exclusive because supposedly they wouldn't print any extra for retial I wouldn't worry about it. Inhabit the earth is in stock every where and has been on sale multiple times for way less than the ks.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute is pretty awful -- if (when) I pick this up I'll be importing to avoid giving them a dime.
18 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Tewell
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yah Game Salute is the worst company I have ever dealt with concerning Kickstarters or purchases in General (i.e. Shadowrift). I'll buy this after they disappoint all their backers and release it for way less than the KS.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
teweller wrote:
Yah Game Salute is the worst company I have ever dealt with concerning Kickstarters or purchases in General (i.e. Shadowrift). I'll buy this after they disappoint all their backers and release it for way less than the KS.

GS obviously doesn't exactly have the best reputation, but I was under the impression that their reputation is far better when they're doing distribution of already-printed games (as with this one, or with last year's Inhabit the Earth) rather than games they're producing themselves.

Am I wrong?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
teweller wrote:
Yah Game Salute is the worst company I have ever dealt with concerning Kickstarters or purchases in General (i.e. Shadowrift). I'll buy this after they disappoint all their backers and release it for way less than the KS.

GS obviously doesn't exactly have the best reputation, but I was under the impression that their reputation is far better when they're doing distribution of already-printed games (as with this one, or with last year's Inhabit the Earth) rather than games they're producing themselves.

Am I wrong?


I've backed all of their Keyflower campaigns and never had any problems. I'm looking forward to backing this and trying it out.

Other campaigns, not as much. Still can't believe all the drama with the last Alien Frontiers campaign.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cphpitts wrote:
nbread wrote:
teweller wrote:
Yah Game Salute is the worst company I have ever dealt with concerning Kickstarters or purchases in General (i.e. Shadowrift). I'll buy this after they disappoint all their backers and release it for way less than the KS.

GS obviously doesn't exactly have the best reputation, but I was under the impression that their reputation is far better when they're doing distribution of already-printed games (as with this one, or with last year's Inhabit the Earth) rather than games they're producing themselves.

Am I wrong?


I've backed all of their Keyflower campaigns and never had any problems. I'm looking forward to backing this and trying it out.

Other campaigns, not as much. Still can't believe all the drama with the last Alien Frontiers campaign.


Same, backed all their keyflower ones and never had a problem.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps Game Salute will just shit on their other customers and not on me... yeah, still not motivated to support them in any way.

Game Salute: A Cautionary Tale
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Burnett
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Perhaps Game Salute will just shit on their other customers and not on me... yeah, still not motivated to support them in any way.

Game Salute: A Cautionary Tale


Wow just read quite a lot of that, my favourite bit was.....

"Printing a white box has proven to be a surprisingly difficult thing to do right"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:

Same, backed all their keyflower ones and never had a problem.


I've backed their Keyflower KS and also not had a problem... that being said I have been burned on other KS by them. I think if I back another one of their KS and it goes badly, I'm only going to be mad at myself for the whole fool me twice thing.

Also isn't the president of Game Salute in a legal battle against the guy who created Z-man games and someone else over his (GS guy's) allegedly fraudulent handling of a small chain of board game stores?

I'm not sure I want to be throwing him money that might get dumped into unrelated legal battles.

Edit: Link added here: Zev Shlasinger Suing Dan Yarrington for Fraud and Breach of Contract
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.