Subject: Playing Cards Question - keeping cards in hand. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Teixeira
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have played Artificium twice and have run into some confusion as to how the rules are worded when playing cards.

The rules say that all players choose a card, place it face down and then turn it over - action cards are carried out first before building cards.

It is the building cards I have the question on - the rules say that if you cannot or do not wish to use the card then you can either:
1) discard the card and continue steps in the round
2) take the card back into your hand and do not continue in the current round.

If for example I am on my 2nd card and I decide to discard it to a discard pile (the rules don't seem to mention a discard pile but I assume there must be one) then do I carry on and play card 3 etc?

If I take the card back and again lets say it is my 2nd card then I DO NOT play card 3 onwards and either keep what cards I choose to at the end of the round?

OR can I take the card back into my hand and play it as card 4 later - I do not think this is right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Fratila
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When you play your cards, the "place" where you put your cards on the table, is the discard pile of yours only.
If you choose not to play a card, you just put it down on the table on the discard pile and move to the next one. This means that you don't pay the card "cost", and because of this, it is lost.
If you take back your card, then all other cards that you still have in your hand can't be played anymore.
This means that, if you decide to keep a card for future turns, better play the cards that you can, and leave the one for the next rounds.

Example: you have 5 cards in hand and decide that for the 2nd card you want to take it back. In this case, all other 3 cards cannot be played and your entire turn ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Teixeira
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great, thank you for the clarification - looks like it is what I first thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.