Hide
2 Posts

Paperback» Forums » Rules

Subject: Card Ability Conflict rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KT Ismael
msg tools
First I wanted to say that I really love this game and have introduced it to many and bought three copies two of which have gone to good game-playing homes and the last of which stays with me.

We came up with an interesting conflict recently that I wanted to clear up, and thought might be useful in an errata section.

To get specific:
I had a 7cent W, with "Attack: Cannot Use Two-Letter Cards" which was on the table after scoring.

In a subsequent turn, another player had a 3cent L, with "If word uses all your cards, +2cents".

In this case, is it impossible for him to get the "all cards used" bonus if he has a 2-letter card in his hand? Or is it treated as discarded and he now has a 4-card hard to make his word and using all of them will give him his bonus? To my mind, it seems like an unnecessary and unintended extra penalty to not only keep the player from using the 2L card but also keep him from using his other card's ability. But by the letter of the law (heh, sorry) he certainly isn't using "all" his cards to make the word.

Anyway, thanks again for creating this. Recently played with extended family some of which are game geeks and some of which are not, and all enjoyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C D

Dallas
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like your "W"'s attack got the added bonus of preventing one of your opponents from getting extra money..

I think you're right. He can't use all his cards, because he's not allowed to use a two letter card that round. Its just unfortunate for him that its when he drew the bonus ability of that card. That's part of what makes those attacks so powerful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.