Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can expansions be added to this set? Or is it entirely standalone?
Do al cards have the same back as normal Dominion cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Spukky wrote:
Can expansions be added to this set? Or is it entirely standalone?
Do al cards have the same back as normal Dominion cards?

I'm not sure about the back, but you can't really add expansions to it.

The Dutch publisher wanted an introductory product that was as cheap as possible. I had a set of ways to potentially do this, that had been considered for Dominion back when (but at the time we went for the better more expensive thing in each case). So: there are no Curses; there's no Estate pile, just starting Estates (I don't know for sure about this, that was the plan but also they had room for 14 cards at that point and so may have put them back in); Action piles are 8 cards instead of 10; there are fewer Treasures. And there are just 16 kingdom cards.

You can pick out the 16 cards to avoid needing Curses, and also to avoid things that drain the Treasure piles, or need the Estates pile. Expansions don't avoid those things though. To play with expansions you would need to add Base Cards. And at that point this product is just a sampler that only has 8-card piles; you can already play with Base Cards plus any expansion (if you know the rules or download a rulebook).

Also in case anyone wonders, unless something changed later, the kingdom cards are:

2: Cellar, Crossroads
3: Steward, Smugglers, Sage
4: Militia, Bridge, Remodel, Farming Village
5: Market, Mine, Mystic, Rabble, Library, Vault
6: Harem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.