29.3% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kent posted a similar, but not quite the same, question. So I'll ask exactly what I want to know. I have the new editions of all three BoB games.

Which counters in Texas Arrows need to stay with Texas Arrows, and which are meant to replace counters from the original Screaming Eagles game?

My intent is to have a complete set of all three new edition games for myself and to give my original Screaming Eagles and Ghost Panzer games (in as updated status as possible) to friends in my gaming group.

I put my original Screaming Eagles side-by-side with Texas Arrows and matched up all the counters. The German and American infantry obviously need the updates due to the change to the proficiency rule. Some of the decoy counters need the update as well (so they have numbers around the sides). The German 88mm gun now (well, since Ghost Panzer) has 5/2 casualty numbers making them easier to reduce/eliminate than the old 6/3 from original Screaming Eagles, so they need replacing. That is all I came up with. AFAIK, the other guns and the vehicles are the same, except for the larger font for the numbers.

In Ghost Panzer, the only difference I saw was some updated art on two of the Soviet Command Point chits. The new Soviet bonus counters need to go to the new edition of Ghost Panzer, unless there are duplicates (one for your new GP and one for your old GP). The bonus counters consist of 4 Churchill IVs, 2 T34/M43s, 2 SU-76s, and 2 SU-122s.

Was it the publisher's intent for us to do a complete counter-for-counter replacement for original Screaming Eagles, or just change out what is different? Are we to put all 10 Soviet bonus counters with our new Ghost Panzer, or a set of 5 in our new edition and a matching set of 5 with our original Ghost Panzer?

This is something we can all figure out how to do, but it would've been great to have a note somewhere in Texas Arrows that spelled out which counters are needed for Texas Arrows, and which counters are intended as replacements in our original games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
I can help.

The original SE came with 1 and 1/2 counter sheets (of the 7/8" counters). For the reprint, I managed to get that expanded to 2 full counter sheets.

Both of those counter sheets were added in to TA. So, all of the counters that come in the new SE game were added to TA. You can safely replace them all.

Only one of the three counter sheets in TA is unique to TA.

Some of the counters that I got added to the SE sheet were those to be used in the extra scenarios (and future scenarios). I did not want to waste any opportunity I had. So, you can safely put the Russian counters in with your GP box. You will need the rest of your Russians to play any of the scenarios that use them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jim, for the super quick response!

Just to make sure I'm understanding, should I split up the 10 bonus Soviet units with matching sets going to my old GP and new edition GP or keep all 10 with the new one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
To the new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks again, Jim! Great to have the designer on speed dial!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.