Subject: Custom Phoenixborn - Philippine PB Entry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roland M
Philippines
Makati City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My entry on a local event (by GamingLibrary). Art render by https://www.facebook.com/OlieBArt from what chicken scratch drawing I was able to produce.

Lore
The Tri Isles are known for the abundance of special spices. The islanders were passive and peaceful, but they were exploited and abused by a foreign power. For a long time they endured, people tried to fight but lost from the technological and magical prowess of the occupying nation…

Hundreds of years later, the chimera were born and the occupying nation abandoned the islands returning back from where they came. The people were left to defend themselves, and that’s when rare gifted people gained the ability to “wield” magic. But it was no ordinary magic, they cannot cast magic like most do, but they have the ability to influence people with their writing and they can write and store magic into the pages of a book.

After the Great Cleansing, the islanders were back to their peaceful state. They finally declared their independence and created an emblem to commemorate the states that fought back. Now a new war has started, those who taint their emblem, their pride, will know the new might of the islanders.

Most of the islanders are trained in close combat, wielding short weapons or hand-to-hand. People with the affinity to use magic is rare.

---

Gabriela Magiting
Phoenixborn of The Tri Isles

Born as a commoner. She loves writing and reading books. At the age of 16, she becomes the symbol of the Tri Isles. Her writing instill courage to normal folks to stand up and fight. Untrained, she is now pushed into another war, the war between phoenixborn. She stands to protect the islands from invaders.

Battlefield 5
Life 16
Spellboard 3

“Touch Me Not”
Side Action + Exhaust + Discard 1 Card

Summon an ally to your battlefield ignoring the <main action> from its cost. All other requirements must still be met.

“My pen will light up a revolution.”

---

Bloodied Emblem
Ready Spell | Spellboard
Main Action

Exhaust + 2 <Charm Class Dice>
When an ally on your battlefield gets destroyed, pay this card’s activation cost to place 1 status token on this card. You can use this effect on any player’s turn.

If this card has a status token, add X to the attack of all ally cards on your battlefield.

After you perform a main action, remove 1 status token from this card. X is the number of Bloodied Emblem on your spellboard.

Focus 2: You can pay with 1 <Charm Power Dice> for this card’s activation instead.

“This land will never be dimmed by a tyrant’s might”

---

It was given as a gift when the GamingLibrary team joined GenCon.

---

All image credit to the GamingLibrary and the Ashes PH group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Always fun that people come up with custom content. Cool art and cool concept.

Personally however, I think your Phoenixborn ability is way too strong. As First player, you could summon 2 allies with strenght 4 in one turn. If your opponent has no allies himself, they'll take 8 damage in your second turn. Seems a bit too overpowered imo.

Maybe as a balance she needs to have less life, so she can't play this aggressive early on (14)? And one battlefield less?

Anyways, keep up the good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabuhay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Pertici
Italy
Certaldo
Firenze
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Olijf wrote:
Always fun that people come up with custom content. Cool art and cool concept.

Personally however, I think your Phoenixborn ability is way too strong. As First player, you could summon 2 allies with strenght 4 in one turn. If your opponent has no allies himself, they'll take 8 damage in your second turn. Seems a bit too overpowered imo.

Well, using her ability in R1T1 forces you to a "first four" instead of a "first five" and that's a big deal in my opinion sure you can summon 2 units and attack in T2, but you're left with 2 cards in your hand, 3 dice (since hammer knight and flash archer are the only 4 attack units)and 2 exhausted units on the table, just to deal 4 extra damage in early game. Sure it's an aggressive strategy, but not that overpowered in my opinion

I tried to design an italian Poenixborn too but it needs some fixing in the wording of her unit's ability

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.