5 Posts

Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions About Wars & End Of Age Timings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hey

I have a very simpel question concerning the interaction between War Resolution and "End of an Age" events. More Specifically with Napoleon and Genghis Khan in mind ...

The end of the age occurs during the refilling of the card track if i'm not mistaken. However the wars are resolved at the start of the attacking players turn according to the rulebook.

So the question is:
Does a war resolve before the end of an age effects are resolved (outdated leaders die changing your military power).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wars resolve at the start of a players turn, but after the card row is refilled. The card row triggers the change of age, so that happens before the war resolves.
Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
If your answer is the official word then it just means that military leaders are a little bit less usefull thats all.

On one hand it states: "The war will be resolved at the beginning of the
attacker's next turn."

On the other hand it states: "Except during the first round, each player begins his or her turn by replenishing the card row"

So both events happen at the start of the players turn and it is unclear what has priority. If there ever comes a FAQ i think it should be included

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No need for an official FAQ

It's all there for you in the Code of Laws - rulebook. Page 3 and on the reference sheet. The exact steps you follow and the order in which they are done is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavekeC wrote:
If your answer is the official word then it just means that military leaders are a little bit less usefull thats all.

On one hand it states: "The war will be resolved at the beginning of the
attacker's next turn."

On the other hand it states: "Except during the first round, each player begins his or her turn by replenishing the card row"

So both events happen at the start of the players turn and it is unclear what has priority. If there ever comes a FAQ i think it should be included

I'm not sure why you think this is ambiguous...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.