Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Wood
United Kingdom
Lytham St Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played this twice now and really enjoyed it. The first game I played incorrectly giving myself four dice because of the sword - upon re-reading the rules I realised that I should have three dice with the sword and only two when the sword is broken. Even so I lost as the Captain threw 3 sixes to deal a fatal blow. In the second game I played correctly and won but felt that some of the rules could be tweaked a bit or clarified to make the game more of a challenge. So here goes:-
#1 - On setup randomly choose two from the Dagger, Spy Glass, Hook, or Parrot - you never know what tools you may have when you are treasure hunting :-)
#2 - When an encounter tile is flipped you MUST resolve it even if you don't move there.
#3 - When the treasure is found and the Captain has been defeated continue to use the time meter.
#4 - To win you must make it to the ship alive and in time.
#5 - Pistols, Meat, Rum and Map tokens are one-time use only and must be discarded after use.

Now to look at the expansions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Isom
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Michael, thanks for checking out the game and giving it a shot. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback. I'm always looking for ways to make these solitaire games better. Your suggestions certainly would up the difficulty level quite a bit and that's a good thing for those looking for a challenge.

As for the "expansions" the other two games in the series are stand along games that play very differently. You will however, find that Stranded No More: The Mutiny has different varying degrees of difficulty. The newest game Stranded No More: Captain's Revenge doesn't currently have that but that's because I couldn't get it done before the contest ended. Once the voting is done, I'll be playing with the rules some more to change how that plays some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wood
United Kingdom
Lytham St Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think my changes work thematically as well. Good luck in the competition Daniel!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.