39.3% of Goal | left

Support:

glyn spence
United Kingdom
rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Everyone,

Looking to get Zombicide as our token Ameritrash game but torn between which version to get. I mostly play 2 player games with my wife and we like both settings but feel Black Plague has a few gameplay improvements. However, as Black Plague seems to be set up for 6 survivors and the original has a mix for 4/6 survivors - Im wondering if us controlling up to 3 characters each (if we go for BP) would mean we tend to split off during a game and so not get a true co operative experience/the point of buying this type of game.

Also I'm only looking to get the base game (we play euros typically so this will only come out infrequently) so which would people say is most balanced out of the box.
Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

Even with Modern Zombicide most of the missions are for 6+ survivors.
Controlling 3 survivors is not difficult as soon as you are well organized.
Splitting issue only depends on you... Nothing says you must split, and even if you do so then you can have surivors in each group so keep the cooperative experience up.

From my point of view Black Plague is better than Modern, but it is really a personal feeling.
Some gameplay improvement are only in Black Plague, but Modern has also exclusive gameplay (cars, toxics, berserk...).
It really depends what kind of theme you like most, and if you are more excited by a flammed Excalibur or by an AK47
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
both versions play the same in that regard.
standard games are for 6 survivors, regardless how many players control them.
black plague has slightly more info in how to adjust the balance for more or fewer survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glyn spence
United Kingdom
rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for your quick feedback gents, Black Plague is definately the front runner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get BP as the dashboards are so much nicer and makes playing multiple heroes much easier. Also the figures are nicer. The streets have also changed for the better. They are now a one lane path (edges or center), rather than half of a two way street (along the edges).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Despite the fact that some modern zcide missions say they are for 4-6, I've always found that its best to bring 6 regardless.

If you're only going to get one, I'd strongly recommend black plague. Even though the rules changes seem minor, they do a lot to improve the game.
I know several people who don't like modern, but love black plague.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Plague is superior in every way.

There are a number of Quality of Life improvements, such as the character boards that hold items, and using a wound track instead of taking wound cards which was super sloppy.

Most importantly, they changed the awful Friendly Fire rule from Zombicide, so that now you only hit you friends if you miss on the roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
I own all 4 'seasons' of zombicide, I have the Kickstarter version of all but season 1. I have a ton of extras.

I haven't played modern since BP base arrived in the mail.

Black Plague fixes so much, the only mechanic/change I don't like is the lack of Season 3's spawn zone numbering system... I liked that change and miss it.

Black Plague is a huge improvement, but in a ton of small ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.