Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark W
United States
East Islip
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Zendo fans,

I was playing this great game recently when a question came up. If a player incorrectly guesses the rule, and an existing koan on the table already disproves the guess, must the master create an additional koan as a counterexample? It seems to me the master should just point to the existing one, but this idea was not clearly mentioned in the rule book (that I could find). What do you think?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may point out that the guess is disproved by the table. The master could just make it again, so it's redundant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.koryheath.com/zendo/

Quote:
If any koan on the table contradicts your guess, the Master should point this out, and you may take back your stone or change your guess. It is the Master’s responsibility to make certain that a guess is unambiguous and is not contradicted by an existing koan; all Students are encouraged to participate in this process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark W
United States
East Islip
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I must've just missed that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.