39.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Martin Kirsipuu
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I have a couple of questions about the second scenario.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
We met an agent who said that he would join us when the rescue ship arrives. So after the ship arrived he didn't come with us automatically. When we clicked on his icon it gave us a possibility to inform him about the arrival of the rescue boat. But this option did not have an action icon next to it! So does this mean that we can interact with him without being on his space or does an investigator have to be on the same space with the agent in order to use this option (in order to interact with the NPC). The point is that in the rulebook it is stated that interaction is basically always an action. And if you can interact with someone then usually there is an action icon next to that option, which in turn means that an investigator has to use his action to interact. In this case the action symbol was not next to the agent informing option.

Second thing that we found was strange, was the fact that the rescue boat did not leave when the mob reached the boat. Is this a bug? The captain of the boat clearly stated at one point that if the mob reaches the boat it is the end. But in our game nothing happened. The mob reached the boat and continued moving on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you compile all the evidence?

You need to have all the evidence compiled before you can leave, plus find Agent Craven. Once all the evidence is compiled adn you have found him, he will come with you. And if you have all that and do not get to the boat in time, the mob will do *something*.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kirsipuu
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We found all the evidence which we compiled etc. Basically we did everything. But thats not my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Harlan

Oregon
msg tools
mb
Kirss wrote:
Hi

I have a couple of questions about the second scenario.

We met an agent who said that he would join us when the rescue ship arrives. So after the ship arrived he didn't come with us automatically. When we clicked on his icon it gave us a possibility to inform him about the arrival of the rescue boat. But this option did not have an action icon next to it! So does this mean that we can interact with him without being on his space or does an investigator have to be on the same space with the agent in order to use this option (in order to interact with the NPC). The point is that in the rulebook it is stated that interaction is basically always an action. And if you can interact with someone then usually there is an action icon next to that option, which in turn means that an investigator has to use his action to interact. In this case the action symbol was not next to the agent informing option.

Feel free to click on the interaction. Often the non action is followed by an action.
So far we haven't done well enough at Innsmouth, but I suspect it goes:
(No Action-We found all the evidence)
\(Action-Meet us at the Boat)
\(Action-Meet us at the Bell Tower)
However it goes, feel free to shout through the Innsmouth Docktown that the boat has arrived. I'm SURE there's nobody listening in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also had this question. I wish they addressed this a little more clearly in the rulebook?

I strongly suspect it is a free action regardless of where you are, but we played it so you had to be in that space to activate it just to cover our bases. We only did this though because we knew we would still win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.