Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Ferrise
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello - I've played a few of the two player game and have a few questions about some possible issues.

1) The backs of the tiles are coloured depending on the player count. The two player tiles do not have any "mountain" spaces and therefore it appears in the two player game you cannot build the 'castle' (3 point structure). Is this correct?

2) If (1) is correct, it stands to reason that the only way to win by points in the 2 player game is to capture your opponents emperor AND build 9 points worth of 1 and 2 point buildings. I would argue that once you have captured your opponents emperor, you are better off just eliminating them from the game. Is the point limit of 12 points supposed to be lower in the 2 player game (10 points perhaps?). So far it seems like it is pointless to build any buildings in the 2 player game - you are always better off trying to win by elimination.

It would be great if a designer or playtester could comment.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brooks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Proud writer for iSlayTheDragon
badge
mb
There should be two tiles with mountain spaces in the 2-player game. This picture shows 4 of the 2-player tiles, the two on the right have a mountain space.

Maybe you don't have the right tiles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ferrise
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like mine may have been misprinted. Is there anywhere I can see the proper tiles for the 2,3, and 4 player game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ferrise
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyf55 wrote:
It seems like mine may have been misprinted. Is there anywhere I can see the proper tiles for the 2,3, and 4 player game?

It appears that the "Online Board Design Tool" for Eko (on their website: http://www.sitdown-games.com/eko) shows all the tiles for a 2, 3 and 4 player game. If anyone else has this issue - this is the place to look!

Thanks for that previous response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meghan Naxer
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of my tiles are lettered on the back:

A through G = 2-player, grey tiles (tiles F and G contain the 2 mountain spaces for the palaces)

H, I, J = 3-player, blue tiles

K, L, M = 4-player, red tiles

I hope that helps!

EDIT: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ferrise
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turns out 2 of my 2 player tiles (the ones with the mountains) got swapped with 2 of the 3 player tiles. I've rectified this with a black pen

Thanks for the helpful feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.