Hide
5 Posts

Ikusa» Forums » General

Subject: Gamemaster Shogun vs Ikusa rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thoma Mattox
msg tools
Just getting back into boardgames and trying to fill out my "collection" with some games I have wanted forever...

I have finally gotten a copy of IKUSA. I understand IKUSA is a reprint. Some of the other reprinted Gamemaster games have added rules and some completely different elements. Are there any known changes between Shogun and IKUSA???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Labelle
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ninja can no longer assassinate during Combat Phase C. (No more dice roll Ninja Strike arguments)

An Army is now allowed to Pick Up units in the same province BEFORE it moves when it begins the ROUND (not to be confused with a Phase) in that province.

Splitting off units from an Army to an ADJACENT province during Phase D is explained more clearly.

The cool Swords were replaced with boring counters.

There were some printing errors with matching screens/army cards.

That's all that I've found.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thoma Mattox
msg tools
Excellent...thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thoma Mattox
msg tools
I'm not quite sure how this will affect gameplay; but, I noticed one more difference between Shogun, Samurai Swords, and IKUSA. IKUSA has 30 Ronin pieces, whereas Shogun and Samurai Swords only 26.

I found a cheap copy of Shogun and noticed this as I was inspecting for lost pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Easton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only own the old Shogun version and also have spare ronins. From the top of my head I have 5 spare ronin on top of what is needed according to the rulebook (don't know the exact number). First I thought it were just spares, like there are spares for all color armies, but after a while I began to think 5 is a bit much and then realized it's the exact amount of bonus ronin required when defending from a fortification. I believe the 5 spare ronin were meant for just that: if all ronin from the rulebook (25/26?) happen to be in use, use the 5 extra ones when defending from a fortification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.