Subject: Production update well overdue ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a backer of the KS we haven't had an official update in quite a while.we were told on the KS page that one would be out for the end of last week...still nothing

I'm a little surprised as ARES/GREMLIN are usually on the ball with things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather they update when they have something to say. Schedule for schedule sake is, well, I won't digress...

Besides, with the post GenCon insanity all I'm seeing for updates on other kick starters are "how great GenCon was".

To be fair, it was great, but that is little 'news'

Patience is a blessing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
tootz wrote:
As a backer of the KS we haven't had an official update in quite a while.we were told on the KS page that one would be out for the end of last week...still nothing

I think you misread something. There were no promises of a larger update by a certain date attracted to the small update last week. I'm also not sure what they'd add that they didn't cover in regards to production.

"Greetings Adventurer! Here's a mini-update, as I am away from the office and time and bandwidth are a little limited. - All files for the pre-production of the 1st wave of components are now in the hands of our printing supplier, who's working on the proofs. - We are still waiting for the last round of injection shots, scheduled for later this week/early next week. - Gremlins are continuing to work on the remaining parts (essentially, adventures and opponents included in the installments of the campaign after Act I). We will have a real ETD as soon as mass production actually starts (that is, when print proofs and component samples are completely approved. Thanks!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Beavor
msg tools
tootz wrote:

I too, would love an update on whether October is still the expected ship date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Freedumb wrote:
tootz wrote:

I too, would love an update on whether October is still the expected ship date.

Last month they switched from talking about October to talking about 4th quarter. Per the mini update I copy/pasted above they won't be saying anything firm until all the proofs are approved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Beavor
msg tools
So according to the mini update, the proofs should be approved either last week or this week? So I'm guessing an update soon then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Freedumb wrote:
So according to the mini update, the proofs should be approved either last week or this week? So I'm guessing an update soon then.

Hopefully. Though that was just the plastic proofs for last week/this week, for the paper it just says the printer is working on them with no timeline given. The last mini update said they were on track still to start production by the end of this month so there is a chance they'll say something next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Farris
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
There is a duck in every game. You may not see it, but it's there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that nothing was finished as of the last update and proofs were still in the pipe, my money is on next April. They won't have anything before the holidays when shipping slows to a crawl, The new year will start with about one month of activity before the factories shut down for Chinese new year, and then they won't be open again until March.

But we shall see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamen Hristov
msg tools
I think they should really post a regular update, even if it's to be a really short one, as I am quite positive most of the backers do not follow the comments section frequently enough to have noticed the so called mini updates there before they get buried under various conversations.

What's more, in their last June update they posted that the paper components should start printing before mid July, and the miniature development was still on track to allow for an October delivery (instead, they are still awaiting the proofs to arrive). Based on that and considering it's almost September now, many folks would expect an update that the game is about to be loaded onto ships any day now. And they will be quite disheartened to instead be told that sadly, the game will be delayed for 4-6 months, with the second half of the campaign possibly arriving even later than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Beavor
msg tools
Koroniss wrote:
I think they should really post a regular update, even if it's to be a really short one, as I am quite positive most of the backers do not follow the comments section frequently enough to have noticed the so called mini updates there before they get buried under various conversations.

What's more, in their last June update they posted that the paper components should start printing before mid July, and the miniature development was still on track to allow for an October delivery (instead, they are still awaiting the proofs to arrive). Based on that and considering it's almost September now, many folks would expect an update that the game is about to be loaded onto ships any day now. And they will be quite disheartened to instead be told that sadly, the game will be delayed for 4-6 months, with the second half of the campaign possibly arriving even later than that.

I hope this isn't true, but I have a feeling that you might be right. I am finding out really fast that kickstarter isn't for me. It was tough thinking that I was paying $200 and waiting a couple months, but waiting an extra 4-6 months is something that I couldn't do, lol. But, I guess we'll see whenever they decide to give us an update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Boyen
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Essen preview entry for S&S is reading the following:

Quote:
Other Information: • Available for previewing at SPIEL 2016 ahead of its scheduled release in January 2017.

Based on this, I would guess it will be more early next year. Not that I was expecting October delivery anyway. Boardgame kickstarters aren't well known for being delivered on time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
Koroniss wrote:

This is the most disappointing fact from this KS for me... so many great images being shared on BGG/S&S Facebook, yet none make them onto the KS

For me an awesome part of being a KS backer is seeing the incremental progress, to be honest compared to like Scythe/Gloomhaven it's been really slim...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
tootz wrote:

I think you misread something. There were no promises of a larger update by a certain date attracted to the small update last week...

Just FYI in the Kickstarter campaign Ares promised 2-3 updates per month.
Ares in Kickstarter on Nov 23 2015 wrote:
We'll definitely try to have at least 2-3 updates a month, if that's what you like. It's always tricky the border between "too much" and "not enough"
Ares in Kickstarter on Mar 26 2016 wrote:
PS until now we had 2 updates in February and 2 in March... and we'll try to keep doing so going forward!

It will be two months this Sunday since the last update.

I'm still an excited backer, but Ares (as they promised) should be keeping us much better informed. For example Gloomhaven is delayed for (probably) 5 months from May 2016, but there the creator kept his weekly update schedule so backers: were kept completely in the know; had a procession of interesting gameplay previews; were regularly treated to insights as to what producing the game actually involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Issac is an amazing dude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
For example Gloomhaven is delayed for (probably) 5 months from May 2016, but there the creator kept his weekly update schedule so backers: were kept completely in the know; had a procession of interesting gameplay previews; were regularly treated to insights as to what producing the game actually involved.

I've backed and followed many KS campaigns, Gloomhaven unfortunately is an exception and not the norm. That being said, I don't believe there's anything to worry about. The mini-update said they were waiting for proofs and they just posted an amazing piece of art on facebook:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Terah wrote:
cormor321 wrote:
tootz wrote:

I think you misread something. There were no promises of a larger update by a certain date attracted to the small update last week...

Just FYI in the Kickstarter campaign Ares promised 2-3 updates per month.
Ares in Kickstarter on Nov 23 2015 wrote:
We'll definitely try to have at least 2-3 updates a month, if that's what you like. It's always tricky the border between "too much" and "not enough"
Ares in Kickstarter on Mar 26 2016 wrote:
PS until now we had 2 updates in February and 2 in March... and we'll try to keep doing so going forward!

It will be two months this Sunday since the last update.

I'm still an excited backer, but Ares (as they promised) should be keeping us much better informed. For example Gloomhaven is delayed for (probably) 5 months from May 2016, but there the creator kept his weekly update schedule so backers: were kept completely in the know; had a procession of interesting gameplay previews; were regularly treated to insights as to what producing the game actually involved.

I agree that they should be doing more "official" updates. I don't see how either of those quotes translates to something as specific as the end of the week update tootz was suggesting though. I also think your demand to keep to their promised schedule is a bit more fluffy than you make it out to be. The updates are there, just not posted where they should be. It's certainly less convenient, but still better than a lot of kickstarters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Adventurers,

The next KS update is imminent! and I can assure that it will include a lot of new "preview-material" ninja

Stay tuned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:
Hello Adventurers,

The next KS update is imminent! and I can assure that it will include a lot of new "preview-material" ninja

Stay tuned!
Hi,Simone.thanks for letting us know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dodson
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Update is online now https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/sword-and-so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest sculpts look amazing, and the ones at GenCon were incredible...

The Orc Shaman look like they'll be hard to handle for soulrank 1 heroes too!

Better a late game than a bad game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
The latest sculpts look amazing, and the ones at GenCon were incredible...

The Orc Shaman look like they'll be hard to handle for soulrank 1 heroes too!

Better a late game than a bad game...

I really like the concept of the dynamic tiles too. Really looking forward to getting this one to the table.

It would be great to get this for the holidays. Not getting my hopes up yet, but its nice to hear that's the goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Beavor
msg tools
I pledged this I little over a month ago on the pledge manager on their site. Does anyone know if I'll get this the same time as the all the other kickstarter s or will I have to wait until after the initial wave of shipments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamen Hristov
msg tools
AJ, as production is just about to begin (at which point they will more likely than not close the PM in its current form), it is a safe bet to assume your copy will be shipped along with those of the KS backers. I am a late backer myself (pledged in January), and there is a reason it's still called backing, and not preordering

Having said that, I hope they will post a list of which items will be delayed and shipped in the 2nd wave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Fanhoni
Italy
flag msg tools
A new update was posted on August, 26th:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/sword-and-so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.