Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We played our first game this weekend. We all enjoyed it but one thing we felt really needed a tweak was drawing Aerial Cards while riding a long board.
It says that players may not KEEP or PLAY aerials while riding a longboad.
I think this brings up a few issues.

1. They were easy to miss, so players would eventually end up holding onto them.

2. When you do draw one you discard it immediately only to draw a second and sometimes even drawing a third; all of which end pile up in the discard.
I think the 4 card should possibly be designed to be dual use. 4 for a shortboards and an alternate use for a longboards.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not ideal and we've not come up with a solid way to address it ourselves... we did talk about splitting the deck into two (one for longboard and one for shortboard) removing a proportion of the aerial cards to balance out the ratios, but that would inevitably lead to constantly shuffling a short deck depending on which boards people are using.

I think it's fine as it is, ultimately. The problem we have isn't that people end up holding on to aerial cards when using the longboard, but rather people forgetting to redraw and having short hands every other round!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is exactly on of the issues. I really think it should have been a dual functioning card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.