Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phase 9 - Map travel says, "You must spend 5 movement points, after terrain modifications are allocated..."

What terrain modifications? The only one I see, and you state it in the rules is the trail.

And by movement points, I'm assuming this means movement progress points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On the same subject, the phraseology in the latest edition makes it sound like you no longer automatically set movement points to 0 after moving one hex. So if I have 5 movement points and I use a trail (3 movement points) to move, would I start the next turn with 2 movement points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct Brett. You only have to subtract the 5 or 3 needed.

Allen, some of the terrain/expedition roles have movement modifiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kzinti wrote:

Allen, some of the terrain/expedition roles have movement modifiers.

Ah, Cartography in expedition role makes sense.

However, the only terrain one that says anything about movement progress is River Hexes and it says "Add 1 Movement Progress every time you enter a downstream river hex from an upstream hex".

So, how I have been doing it: If I have 5 Movement Progress Points and I move from one River Hex to another (downstream), I still spend 5 movement points. Then after I do that I "add 1 Movement Progress" giving me a Movement Progress grand total of 1. Or if there is a trail between these two hexes, I reduce my Movement Progress to 2, then add 1 to 3. All this is a subtle difference, but what it means (as currently written) is that you still have to have the 5 (or 3 if trail) in the first place.

All the other terrains just talks about modifying the dice results when rolling for the Movement phase. Perhaps I'm overlooking something. Either way, great game. Just want to make sure I'm playing it correctly. I don't want a victory to be tainted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck. I've known only a handful of people to win it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.