Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wizard Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My family has recently gotten into this game and so far we are having a lot of fun. My problem is setting up the board. When we mix up the tiles in the bag and draw them we are more apt to pull out the thicker tiles first and thus clump the forests and mountains together. Is there a map generator or randomizer app out there? I saw one on the forum from a few years ago, but the links no longer work.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 80s version and we always just place all the tiles on the board and mix them around with our hands, then put them into place semi-randomly. Occasionally we'd consciously try to spread a type around or group it together, but mostly we just grab the nearest tile to put in the nearest hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric D
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have been searching for a solution to the same problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
I have the 80s version and we always just place all the tiles on the board and mix them around with our hands, then put them into place semi-randomly. Occasionally we'd consciously try to spread a type around or group it together, but mostly we just grab the nearest tile to put in the nearest hex.

This is the fastest, and IMHO, the best way to do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back when I used to play this more often in the 80s, I sometimes would purposely build the board in interesting configurations instead of randomly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, just mixing on the board works best. Especially if all players join in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
soosy wrote:

This is the fastest, and IMHO, the best way to do this.

This is by far the best way to do it. It's randomized by default. AND then you get to place your People in turn order, so no one can manipulate the placement to their advantage anyway.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.