Hide
6 Posts

Evolution: The Beginning» Forums » Rules

Subject: Order of Eating rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Myers
msg tools
If I interpreted the rulebook correctly, the top population of every species eats first? For example, let's say I have two herbivore species, one with a population of 1 and the other with a population of 2. If there are only 2 food tokens in the watering hole I would have to feed the top card for each species, rather than feeding only the species with the population of 2?

Secondly, if I had a carnivore in the above scenario with no opponent options to eat, would I be able to eat my single herbivore population species first, thereby allowing myself to feed both members of my 2 population herbivore species? I imagine this would be usually be desirable if my 2 population species had more traits than the 1 population species.

Lastly, if I have two carnivore species do they alternate turns eating, or can I have one species do all its eating before the other one starts?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goldman
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can feed your species in any order you want. So you can feed all of one guy and none of the other, or split it however you want. With Carnivores it is the same way, you can have them alternate or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Olson
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to further clarify, and make sure I'm understanding. I can have my 1-population herbivore species eat from the water hole. Then I can have my carnivore species eat it, and send the food token from my herbivore species straight to my bag. Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goldman
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
absolutely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Answer:
Everything Benjamin says is exactly correct!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
(which is not surprising since he works at the company and was instrumental on the design team)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ndfan190 wrote:

Secondly, if I had a carnivore in the above scenario with no opponent options to eat , would I be able to eat my single herbivore population species first, thereby allowing myself to feed both members of my 2 population herbivore species? I imagine this would be usually be desirable if my 2 population species had more traits than the 1 population species.

Thanks!

What I marked in bold is not accurate, As I understand it, you can eat your own species even if you have valid opponent species. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.