$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
31.9% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Can anyone tell me what to do when a color is out of resource cubes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Dugas

Kaplan
Louisiana
msg tools
I can't find it in the rulebook anywhere :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daveydtd wrote:
I can't find it in the rulebook anywhere :/

I think the better question might be, how are you running out of player cubes?

I'm betting you're using player cubes on cards that collect resources, such as pets, plants and other organisms?

You probably should be using the gold, silver, and bronze resource cubes for those things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dugas

Kaplan
Louisiana
msg tools
The other day I was playing a 2 player game and my production was really high I guess. I didn't use any cubes on cards but I just wished they used other pieces for scoring and production count and marking tiles and marking awards. Maybe each player could have a set amount of city and greenery tiles that have their color border around it. Idk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I would not have thought this possible, but I have yet to play the game with only 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably ran into a rare corner case, but if it happens again, swap out the player cubes marking "10" production values with spare copper cubes. That should give you the extra cube or two needed to get to the end game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
You probably ran into a rare corner case, but if it happens again, swap out the player cubes marking "10" production values with spare copper cubes. That should give you the extra cube or two needed to get to the end game.

It can indeed happen in long 2-player games, despite us putting a generous amount in the game.
I would use player markers of an un-used color to mark your production or actions taken on blue cards. The color is only really important on the game board. I would not use copper cubes, as they could easily get mixed with the resources on the player board.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.