Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesco Ciccone
Italy
milano
milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, i got a little problem on my windows 8.1 pc, is pretty common, when i make a new character with RS charcter builder, that a new bug is created, for example with a character that start with a horse in the inventory he cant equip it and create multiple copies through the game turns. This isn't the problem i have to talk about in this topic, because when happen similar thing i just delete the custom charcter and/or din't use it at all and everything is fine, but with my last "custom character" something go really wrong, even deleting the character the problem still appear in every new game created, i've also tryed deleting my folder, run a program like CCleaner to cleanse (but it wasn't enough, also because it keep my option preference such modeled chit, variants, expansion etc...) and unzip a new one, but the problem is still here.

About what the problem is... is a weird glitch that after the first few turn of game it overlay the map windows over every "working" button, the game still run, don't crash, didn't create any bug report and it look like the game rule work propely, but for this graphical glitch that make hard, if not impossible for me, follow and enjoy the game.

If i'm able i post a screen shot:

Thanks for attention and any possible help, and sorry about my weak English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen that at all. I wonder if maybe Java needs updating on your machine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Ciccone
Italy
milano
milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My pc get formatted recently, so i suppose i've downloaded and installed the last version of java. It should be java 8 update 101 (64bit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Ciccone
Italy
milano
milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know nothing about java, maybe if i know where are locate or how locate all the RS file i can solve the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schacher

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Try changing the Look and Feel setting before starting a new game.

Select File... Options... Under Look and Feel there are two choices, Cross Platform and System.

See if changing this setting fixes your graphics glitches.

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Ciccone
Italy
milano
milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
srschacher wrote:
Try changing the Look and Feel setting before starting a new game.

Select File... Options... Under Look and Feel there are two choices, Cross Platform and System.

See if changing this setting fixes your graphics glitches.

Steve

I've followed you istruction but it still do that glitch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Ciccone
Italy
milano
milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He didn't do the glitch anymore, now just crash. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.