5 Posts

Star Trek: Frontiers» Forums » General

Subject: Is this game long? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wesley sermeus
Belgium
flag msg tools
Anybody played it with 4 players yet? i am just curious how long it will take with 4 players?

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is long. So far just played the shorter intro scenario with four which took about three hours each time (three times with three different groups of four.) The full standard game looks to be about 50% longer or more so five hours sounds about right for four players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The introductory scenario took us 2.5-3 hours with 3 players - one of them being prone to AP. Next day I played the solo conquest scenario and it took me around 4 hours. Both games had us reference the rulebook every now and then. I suppose with more experience the games should go quicker than before but it still won't be a short game

Edit: I see Arkham Horror in your collection. I'd say it is comparable in length as well as downtime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a 4-player game using the First Reconnaissance scenario. We had myself, 1 person who had played Mage Knight, and 2 Newbies to Mage Knight/Star Trek Frontiers (though they are pretty game savvy). All of us were aggressive in our explorations, so we ended the game towards the later stages of Round 2. It took us about 2.5 hours with setup and rules explanations. It definitely speeds things up to handle end of turn stuff after you've already told the next player to go ahead with their turn.

Minus setup and with people familiar with the game, I think you could get a 3 or 4 round game in 2 hours, but the longer scenarios are probably 4 hours (or more).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I did 2 plays of the Recon mission today, first with 2 players and the second with the same two players but adding a third.

The first play took about an hour+ to set up and get the basic rules down, and then we played for a bit over 2 hours so 3 hours total.

The second we explained a bit and got done in 2.5 hours. Haven't tried other scenarios yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.